Anyone familiar with "program" cars?

Old December 25th 04, 05:33 PM
Rivergoat

Default Anyone familiar with "program" cars?

I've seen a couple of Miatas in my area that are priced well below KBB
and have extremely low mileage (one 2004 has 300 miles on it and is
thousands below blue book, even being offered for less than the trade
in value of a comparable car). The dealer said it's a program car, and
from what I've been able to read about that could mean a buy back from
Mazda on a rental and sold back to a dealer quite cheap; also possibly
a car used in professional advertising. But anyone reseached any
program cars and found them to be suspect? Mazda must sell it back to
the dealer for pennies for them to offer it well below KBB. An offer
to the dealer might snare it for even less, or are they hoping for a
bidding war on such a low mileage car and figuring to ultimately get
even more than KBB?
Old December 25th 04, 11:08 PM
Rivergoat

least get rid of all the leftovers in your refrigerator.

1 - 2 lbs. cubed meat (human flesh, chicken, turkey, beef...)
1 -2 lbs. coarsely chopped vegetables
(carrots, potatoes, turnips, cauliflower, cabbage...)
Bell pepper
onions
garlic
ginger
salt pepper, etc.
Olive oil
butter

Brown the meat and some chopped onions, peppers, and garilic in olive oil,
place in baking dish, layer with vegetables seasoning and butter.
Bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.
Serve with hot dinner rolls, fruit salad and sparkling water.

Bébé Buffet 1

Show off with whole roasted children replete with apples in mouths -
and babies? heads stuffed with wild rice. Or keep it simple with a
hearty main course such as stew, lasagna, or meat loaf.

Some suggestions

Pre-mie pot pies, beef stew, leg of lamb, stuffed chicken, roast pork spiral ham,
Cranberry pineapple salad, sweet potatoes in butter, vegetable platter, tossed salad with tomato and avocado, parsley new potatoes, spinich cucumber salad, fruit salad
Bran muffins, dinner rolls, soft breadsticks, rice pilaf, croissants
Apple cake with rum sauce, frosted banana nut bread sherbet, home made brownies
Iced tea, water, beer, bloody marys, lemonade, coffee

The guests select food, beverages, silverware... everything from the buffet table.
They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose.
Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from
carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth from the
service stations.

Roast Leg of Amputee

By all means, substitute lamb or a good beef roast if the haunch
it is in any way diseased. But sometimes surgeons make mistakes,
and if a healthy young limb is at hand, then don?t hesitate to cook
it to perfection!

1 high quality limb, rack, or roast
Potatoes, carrot
Oil
celery
onions
green onions
parsle

Old December 26th 04, 02:01 AM
Tom Howlin

I think the definition of program cars is as broad as you can imagine.
It is everything from legitimate promotional cars, rentals and, at some
more suspect dealers, cars that were bought back for problems BEFORE
they were forced to under the lemon laws. A search of the title should
tell you exactly what transpired. If it was never titled and is still
on the manufacturers certificate of origin, then you are probably in
good shape (unless it fell off the delivery truck and was extensively
repaired which the dealership is supposed to disclose). If it was
titled to an individual, find that person and talk to them. Often is is
just a sales gimick to get people through the door and then start
tacking on the extras. It's worth checking out since Miatas generally
don't show up in a rental fleet. It was probably a salesmans demo for a
couple of weeks and may have had some minor damage repaired and thus the
substantially below blue book "asking" price. Don't forget, Mazda has
some pretty spectacular dealers on Miatas right now, including a MSM for
a tick under 20K (2004 model) at a local dealership after all the
rebates and dealer marketing support.

Tom
92 Red