Possible trade...

Old April 5th 05, 12:03 AM
WJ

Default Possible trade...

What I have:

(1) Red 90 Mazda Miata base model, 162K miles, bone stock except for an
Alpine cassette deck and electric antenna. Factory hard top included. This
car is in great shape for it's age. The paint is original, so it's a bit
faded. It does need a new soft top, and the headrest speakers went south
years ago, which is pretty typical. Mechanically it's had a charmed life.
I've owned few rigs that were so reliable.

(2) A bad hip that is making getting in and out of the car increasingly
difficult (I'm over 6' and barely fit in the Miata back when everything was
working right).

What I'd like:

(1) A 69-73 VW Squareback of comparable value.

I'm in Oregon, just south of Portland
Cheers,
Walt

Old April 5th 05, 05:54 AM
jd-drafter@home

ya' givin' up the miata?

well at least the squareback is a good choice... my first car was a 65
square'

fun car- has a stinger on it- leaked and burned oil- but it was a blast-

how is the trike going?

jjd

Old April 5th 05, 06:36 AM
WJ

"jd-drafter@home" > wrote in message
> ya' givin' up the miata?
>
> well at least the squareback is a good choice... my first car was a 65
> square'
>
> fun car- has a stinger on it- leaked and burned oil- but it was a blast-
>
> how is the trike going?
>
> jjd

Yeah (sigh), I gotta. Just when the weather's getting nice, too. It's
probably just as well. I'm too tall to wear a hat when I'm driving it, so I
go all summer with my head burned bright red. I'd like to get another
convertable someday, but it'll have to be something with a taller
windshield. The trike's still on hold while I get myself a place to work.

I love the squares. Best aircooled rigs VW made, IMO. I've got a set of
old-school slotted mags with brand new tires to put on the one I get. I may
have to sell the Miata and then go shopping, but I hate the whole 'sell a
car' scene, so I though I'd try here first.

By the way, the car's name is Napoleon. Small, full of attitude and a
little bit crazy.

Cheers,
Walt

Old April 5th 05, 07:00 AM
jd-drafter@home

named napoleon? does it like tot's? (you would only get this if you have
seen
'napoleon dynamite')

but here- you might have fun with this- go here

http://www.typethreedetectives.com/

then hit the 'type 3 selecta' button in the lower left... get creative- they
also have them for busses (type 2) beetles (type1) etc...

i can spend several hours playing with this one-

jjd