Now This Is Good Idea!

Old December 7th 04, 07:13 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Patrick wrote:
> A cool way to help save the planet.
>
> http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101272
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
> '83 LTD

Dodge already has a hybrid diesel that you can weld with and
power most of your house in an outage.

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate
Old December 7th 04, 07:19 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

> Patrick opined in om:=

>=20
>=20
>>http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=3D101272

>=20
>=20
> From a sidebar on same site:
>=20
> http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=3D101351
>=20
> "Burn an SUV, go to prison"
>=20
> "Who=92s afraid of Mustang?"
>=20
> quote:
> "Chevrolet marketing director Jim Campbell says the bow-tie division ca=

n=20
> cover that segment with the four-cylinder, supercharged Cobalt SS and M=

onte=20
> Carlo. "The Monte Carlo is capturing part of that market," Campbell say=

s,=20
> pointing out the coupe's success on the NASCAR circuit."
>=20
> Yeah, sure... whatever!

A) Five years is not NEARLY enough time.

2) I wonder what color the sky is in Jim Cambell's world?

--=20

Old December 7th 04, 07:40 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Cory Dunkle wrote:

> Well you're totally wrong there, because I have confidence in myself and my
> ability to repair my vehicle. For those thigns I am not so sure of, I ask
> and take my time doing. Thw two modern vehicles I drove were a nightmare to
> work on. Totaly not user-friendly. As far as reliability, the modenr one
> that was fuel injected required me to pour gas down the throttle body on
> cold mornings. Never had to do that with any of my carbed cars, ever. Also,
> my insurance was significantly more expensive with either of the econo-box
> type modern cars I drove than it was with my Galaxie, a comfortable
> full-size car with a respectable amount of get-up-and-go.

Ehhh, the insurance runs about the same on all mine, 65T-Bird,
89 Mustang and 04 Murano. The Murano is higer on collision because of
airbags and such. You must have had a problem because I've never
owned or seen a FI'ed engine that had to have gas poured in the
intake, which is not something you should do anyway since only air is
ment to be in the upper intake. The only thing romotely resembling a
liquid that belongs in an upper intake plenum is nitrous oxide.

Old December 7th 04, 07:45 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

SVTKate wrote:

> "Jim Warman" > wrote
> |
> | OTOH, where I live it drops to -40F and colder..... the last thing I need
> is
> | a truck that turns itself off whenever it stops moving.
>
> The thing that popped into my head when I read that part was the "what if"
> factor.
> For example, what if, you are at a stop light and you see this guy barreling
> straight at you and your only option is to stomp
> on the throttle to get out of the way.... and your truck is turned off.
>
> *shudder*

It goes. A friend of mine has one of those Honda thingies.
sitting at a light in neutral the engine is stopped. As soon as you
push the clutch it starts, even befor you get it in gear. Kind of
disconcerting sitting in heavy traffic at a light and the car is not
running.

Old December 7th 04, 07:46 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Paul wrote:

> Yeah, and don't worry about all the crap your 30-year-old engine is pouring
> into the atmosphere, while burning about twice as much gas per mile as a
> modern car.
>
> Paul

That's a pretty cheesey reply and not necessarily true either.

Old December 7th 04, 07:49 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

MadDAWG wrote:

>>The thing that popped into my head when I read that part was the "what if"
>>factor.
>>For example, what if, you are at a stop light and you see this guy

> barreling
>
>>straight at you and your only option is to stomp
>>on the throttle to get out of the way.... and your truck is turned off.

> I followed one of those Civic hybrids and it being stuck behind him at a
> stop light sucked. I'm not sure if it was the car or the driver, but I'd
> love to race people with those kind of reaction times at the strip. I might
> actualy have a chance.
>
> MadDAWG

I don't know about the Civic, but I've ridden in an Insight and
I'd say it was the driver, cuz this one will jump off the line like a
V8 with a full battery.

Old December 7th 04, 08:07 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/6/2004 10:13 PM, WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

> Patrick wrote:
>
>> A cool way to help save the planet.
>>
>> http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101272

> Dodge already has a hybrid diesel that you can weld with and power
> most of your house in an outage.

Now that's what I call a utility vehicle!

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old December 8th 04, 01:38 AM
Paul

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
: Paul wrote:
:
: > Yeah, and don't worry about all the crap your 30-year-old engine is
pouring
: > into the atmosphere, while burning about twice as much gas per mile as a
: > modern car.
: >
: > Paul
: >
: >
:
: That's a pretty cheesey reply and not necessarily true either.
:
: --
I could show you the numbers from the '66 Mustang I used to drive and my
current car, a '00 Honda, but I have the feeling that mere facts won't be of
much use here.

Paul

Old December 8th 04, 05:35 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Paul wrote:
> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> : Paul wrote:
> :
> : > Yeah, and don't worry about all the crap your 30-year-old engine is
> pouring
> : > into the atmosphere, while burning about twice as much gas per mile as a
> : > modern car.
> : >
> : > Paul
> : >
> : >
> :
> : That's a pretty cheesey reply and not necessarily true either.
> :
> : --
> I could show you the numbers from the '66 Mustang I used to drive and my
> current car, a '00 Honda, but I have the feeling that mere facts won't be of
> much use here.
>
> Paul

That's numbers from YOUR 66 Mustang. I got as much as 19 mpg in
my 65 Thunderbird. My 04 Nissan gets 15.7. My 89 Mustang gets 18
also. So, yer point would be? So like I said, not necessarily true.
Also, how many 40 year old cars are driven daily?