passat electric windows

Old August 6th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bodhran

Default passat electric windows

passat salloon 2.0 auto M reg

the front left passenger window won't go down.
If I take the inner panel off the door and press the window switch I
can hear a small click, I've tried using one of the other switches
from the car and the same thing occurs. I presume then that the switch
is ok so the problem is the motor. Can't see or find any fault in the
wiring.
The manual says there could be a fault on the thermal cut-out but I
don't know where this is. Anyone know?
Also when it comes to removing the motor the procedure is to first
remove the regulator, by first lowering the window so the regulator is
visible through the aperture. How can I do this though when the motor
won't work, is there a manual way to lower the window?

thanks for any help
I'd like to check thoroughly because a new motor costs £131
Old August 6th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Kidd

You are in the wrong group. Please pay attention to what is discussed in
the forum before posting (goes with all online forums).

we talk exclusively about the older, aircooled Volkswagens.

You have a watercooled model, therefore you need to ask your questions
in the watercooled group. rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Jan

Bodhran wrote:
> passat salloon 2.0 auto M reg
>
> the front left passenger window won't go down.
> If I take the inner panel off the door and press the window switch I
> can hear a small click, I've tried using one of the other switches
> from the car and the same thing occurs. I presume then that the switch
> is ok so the problem is the motor. Can't see or find any fault in the
> wiring.
> The manual says there could be a fault on the thermal cut-out but I
> don't know where this is. Anyone know?
> Also when it comes to removing the motor the procedure is to first
> remove the regulator, by first lowering the window so the regulator is
> visible through the aperture. How can I do this though when the motor
> won't work, is there a manual way to lower the window?
>
> thanks for any help
> I'd like to check thoroughly because a new motor costs £131

The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.