cabin pollen filter

Old November 3rd 05, 11:00 PM
Shaw news

Default cabin pollen filter

Just when it is time for me to change the cabin pollen filter of my 2002
Accord, I am wondering if having a pollen filter really necessary. I
usually drive with my sunroof open anyways. I am just thinking of replacing
the filter elements with a furnace filter material just to filter off dust.
This would be a $40 savings up in Canada. Airflow would also be better.
Any opinion?

Old November 4th 05, 05:32 AM
SoCalMike

Shaw news wrote:
> Just when it is time for me to change the cabin pollen filter of my 2002
> Accord, I am wondering if having a pollen filter really necessary. I
> usually drive with my sunroof open anyways. I am just thinking of replacing
> the filter elements with a furnace filter material just to filter off dust.
> This would be a $40 savings up in Canada. Airflow would also be better.
> Any opinion?

could just leave the filter out. older cars have no filter at all and
heat/cool just fine.
Old December 14th 05, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Shaw news wrote:
> Just when it is time for me to change the cabin pollen filter of my 2002
> Accord, I am wondering if having a pollen filter really necessary. I
> usually drive with my sunroof open anyways. I am just thinking of replacing
> the filter elements with a furnace filter material just to filter off dust.
> This would be a $40 savings up in Canada. Airflow would also be better.
> Any opinion?

I would be concerned that if you just leave the filter in (and use the
ac or heater) it would eventually get clogged. Could be a lot of hard
work on the motor and the evaporator coils might not get enough air flow.

As long as there is decent air flow, no real worry though.