sticky left/right shifting - 1999 SL1

Old December 20th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default sticky left/right shifting - 1999 SL1

Trying to help my buddy; his '99 SL1 has recently started getting
difficult to shift left-to-right - like, between 1/2, 3/4, and 5/R
positions on the shift pattern. I popped off the clip at the transaxle
for the left-right cable, and it was still sticky, indicating it's not
the tranny.

Any ideas? I'm not too familiar with these cars.

Thanks!
Elijah

Old January 1st 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

I see no one has replyed to you so I will give it a try. I am assuming
you lubed the bushing that is at the stem of the sifter? If not try
that first. I that doesn't work I would address the bushing it self.
They are prone to failure. If that happens Saturn will only sell you
the whole cable. That is a big cost. Now there are work arounds. I
under stand that some wiper linkage bushings for Toyotas work for a fix
on these. There are also people on the net (I think Ebay) that sell a
replacement bushing.

The following is what I found MIGHT work:
Wiper Linkage Bushings (for Toyota Camry 2001-97, Corolla 2002-98)
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...rtnumber=49448

And this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Impro...spagenameZWDVW
This guy is a good one (I have bought from him)
Hope this helps,
Rob

wrote:
> Trying to help my buddy; his '99 SL1 has recently started getting
> difficult to shift left-to-right - like, between 1/2, 3/4, and 5/R
> positions on the shift pattern. I popped off the clip at the transaxle
> for the left-right cable, and it was still sticky, indicating it's not
> the tranny.
>
> Any ideas? I'm not too familiar with these cars.
>
> Thanks!
> Elijah

91 Civic automatic transmission shifting Chuck Honda 11 November 15th 05 02:03 PM
Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
1999 3 Series convertible Tom Scales BMW 2 March 6th 05 05:28 PM
Top Boot Cover for 1999 Mazda Miata ($50 ) girish.subramani Mazda 1 November 19th 04 03:18 PM
rough shifting '02 L100 w/ 41,000 mi Keith Saturn 2 November 10th 04 01:12 AM