Annoying tape

Old November 3rd 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Default Annoying tape

Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably speaker
wire.

--
Thanks

Eddie

Old November 3rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

White Spirit (UK)

don't know what its called elsewhere ?

Rich
. com...

Old November 3rd 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
compwrench

It's very tedious, but I have had good luck using a new piece of duct
tape and repeatedly sticking it over the remaining adhesive and pulling
it back off. It may take a few pieces of tape because it looses its
stickiness after a while. It may not work well if the adhesive is old
and stiff.

- Compwrench

Old November 3rd 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

I think its called white lightning here in the U.S.

Old November 3rd 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

It seems old. I will try it. Nothing like duct taping wire in a visible
area.

oups.com...

Old November 3rd 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

Eddie wrote:
> Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
> The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably speaker
> wire.
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Eddie

wd40 ?
vegetable oil ?

Old November 4th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Wolfgang[_1_]

There's a product called GOOF OFF that works. Try mineral spirits too -
cheap.

. com...

Old November 4th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

I just don't want to take the paint off too.

Old November 4th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
George[_5_]

Eddie wrote:
> Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
> The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably speaker
> wire.

oil will remove the adhesive. any kind, vegetable or petroleum. just
apply it, let it sit a few minutes and wipe. repeat as necessary.
George
Old November 4th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_3_]

Eddie kirjoitti:
> I just don't want to take the paint off too.
>

> "Wolfgang" > wrote in message
> | There's a product called GOOF OFF that works. Try mineral spirits too -
> | cheap.
> |
> | "Eddie" > wrote in message
> | . com...
> | > Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
> | > The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably
> speaker
> | > wire.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Thanks
> | >
> | > Eddie

I saw a product at WalMart that was for this purpose. Named "oops" or
something clever along those lines. I haven't tried it.

Jan