94 Cherokee Manual required

Old April 28th 05, 10:45 AM
94JeepMan

Default 94 Cherokee Manual required

I am in UK

I have previously owned a 93 Cherokee 4lt Auto.

Sold 4 years ago (fool)

Just bought 94 Cherokee, 4lt Limited Auto

It doesn't come with an owners manual

Presently doing things from memory, does anyone have an old 94 Cherokee
manual, or point me towards downloading one, as it is now discontinued.

Anyway, a couple of outstanding questions you could help me with

1) Tyre pressures, normal and motorway

2) Cruise control label, mines rubbed off, ie L,C,R big button

3) Changing from 2wd to permanent or temp 4wd, how & at what max
speed, and vice versa

4) A good supplier / catalogue for Cherokee bits in UK

Thanks all

Old April 28th 05, 12:53 PM
Cherokee-Ltd

1. Tire pressure should be indicated on the sidewall of the tire. Generally
from 30-32 PSI
2. Button on the end is for set/coast. Switch is off-on-resume/accel.
3. Shift into 4FT or 4PT at any safe highway speed (50-60 mph is fine).
Never shift into 4PT on hard surfaces.
4. Dunno.

-Brian

alid...

Old April 28th 05, 01:13 PM
Billy Ray

You should be able to find an owners manual on e-Bay. I just looked and saw
3 of them listed with a bid less than $6

American cars and trucks will have a plaque in the glovebox or on one of the
door frames with the tire inflation and load specifications. I think mine
was on the passenger side rear door.

Sorry, I was foolish enough to sell mine also. I seem to recall that you
set the speed by pushing the big button but we will have to confirm that
with someone else

You probably have "command-trac" in your Cherokee. I never tried to engage
it while moving and don't know if it is recommended. If you do have
"command-trac" it cannot be used on dry pavement because it locks the axles
and will scrub the tires.

I cannot help with UK parts as I live in the US

alid...

Old April 28th 05, 01:22 PM
Snow

If it reads like this 2wd 4h n 4l then yes you can shift from 2wd to
4high on the fly safe to do at highway speeds (just let up on the gas for a
sec then shift), never use 4high on dry pavement or you'll blow the t-case,
u-joints or worse. I have only used 4 low twice for that you must be
stoped, shift tranny and t-case into N then t-case to 4 low the tranny back
to drive.. this limits your speed and keeps rev's high.

Snow...

Old April 28th 05, 01:52 PM
Brian

You have a limtited so you might have a grand cherokee transfer case. So you
might have a AWD for use on wet pavement etc and part time 4WD.

I don't know about the UK but i have seen band new reprints of manuals of
all types @ www.quadratec.com Do a google on UK part places.

Ebay is also a good place i even found the Chrysler shop manuals on CDROM
for my YJ at a fractions of the cost of buying new.$64 vs. $200 at least.

As far as cruise control i would just screw around with it until i figure it
out or go to your local car dealer with a XJ close in year to yours. Take a
look at the crusie controls, odds are it won't be worn off.

-Brian
o_o_o_o
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)
91 YJ 4.0

alid...

Old April 28th 05, 02:22 PM
Steve Foley

Sidewall indicates the max pressure the tire (tyre) can handle.

Owners manual indicates the correct pressure for the vehicle.

Old April 28th 05, 02:28 PM
Paw

Hey..

Don't know if the UK version is the same as the US version.. but use this
link

http://www.chrysler.com/exitPage/ind...=techauthority

it should send you hopefully to the UK Chrysler Tech Authority page....

Price for 1994 Jeep Cherokee Manual in the US is 10USD

hth,
Paul

alid...

Old April 28th 05, 02:54 PM
94JeepMan

Cherokee-Ltd > wrote:

> 1. Tire pressure should be indicated on the sidewall of the tire. Generally
> from 30-32 PSI
> 2. Button on the end is for set/coast. Switch is off-on-resume/accel.
> 3. Shift into 4FT or 4PT at any safe highway speed (50-60 mph is fine).
> Never shift into 4PT on hard surfaces.
> 4. Dunno.
>
> -Brian

To you and others, thanks for the info..
Old April 28th 05, 02:56 PM
Snow

So does the the sticker (if its still present) on the door or door jam

Snow...

Old April 29th 05, 03:17 AM
Diver

Send me your email address.

"94JeepMan" > wrote in message
alid...
>I am in UK
>
> I have previously owned a 93 Cherokee 4lt Auto.
>
> Sold 4 years ago (fool)
>
> Just bought 94 Cherokee, 4lt Limited Auto
>
> It doesn't come with an owners manual
>
> Presently doing things from memory, does anyone have an old 94 Cherokee
> manual, or point me towards downloading one, as it is now discontinued.
>
> Anyway, a couple of outstanding questions you could help me with
>
> 1) Tyre pressures, normal and motorway
>
> 2) Cruise control label, mines rubbed off, ie L,C,R big button
>
> 3) Changing from 2wd to permanent or temp 4wd, how & at what max
> speed, and vice versa
>
> 4) A good supplier / catalogue for Cherokee bits in UK
>

> Thanks all

WTB: Owners Manual: 89 Cherokee Jeffery P. Jeep 1 February 21st 05 09:56 PM
1994 Jeep Cherokee 4WD Automatic Transmission questions brookman1973 Jeep 11 February 13th 05 06:42 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2001 DougW Jeep 0 January 8th 05 05:27 PM
Wrangler and Cherokee Factory Service Manual for sale Jeff Scherb Jeep 0 December 27th 04 12:20 PM
Shop manual price Black Bomb Corvette 1 August 11th 04 03:27 PM