18x10 wheels on an 87gt?

Old February 10th 05, 10:45 PM
sanantoniostang87

Default 18x10 wheels on an 87gt?

would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
all around? thanks

Old February 10th 05, 11:00 PM
CobraJet

In article .com>,
sanantoniostang87 > wrote:

> would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
> all around? thanks

Whaddya know, the world *has* gone to Hell in a handbasket.

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old February 11th 05, 01:01 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

sanantoniostang87 wrote:
> would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
> all around? thanks

The 200 GT wheels on my '89 LX barely fit in the front. I doubt they
will work without hacking up the wheel wells and may not work at all.
Old February 11th 05, 02:19 AM
RSCamaro

On 10 Feb 2005 14:45:56 -0800, "sanantoniostang87"
> wrote:

>would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
>all around? thanks

Easy enough to find out with a little extra time on your hands. I've
seen a couple of sites with specs on making a template contraption to
bolt to your rotors so you can take measurements for wheel size and
back spacing.

...Ron
--
68' Camaro RS
88' Firebird Formula
Old February 11th 05, 06:52 AM
Clark Kent

hey bro the largest you can put in your 87gt is a 18"x 9" , even with
this size of a wheel you may have to have lip on your rear fender
flares rolled. I have 18" x 8.5" 98 Saleen wheels on my fox body
mustang and they fit perfect with Nitto tires 275/40 rear . It is all
about the offset.

Old February 15th 05, 02:31 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

sanantoniostang87 wrote:
> would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
> all around? thanks

With zero changes or mods 17x9 is the largest. Any taller and
the well will rub on humps and hard turns, any wider and they won't
clear the quad shocks. 18" doesn't look good on a Fox anyway, it gets
ghetto, stay with 16 or 17 inch and lower it buy an inch or so. The
ride won't suffer as mauch and the handling will be far better.

--
2.3Sleeper: "Anyone know how to disable the daytime
running lights on a 2001 Crown Vic or on a 2002 GMC?"

SVTKate: "A ball peen hammer?"
Old February 15th 05, 02:31 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

CobraJet wrote:

> In article .com>,
> sanantoniostang87 > wrote:
>

>>would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
>>all around? thanks
>>

> Whaddya know, the world *has* gone to Hell in a handbasket.

Stock Cobra R rims equal Hell in your world??

Old February 15th 05, 03:44 AM
CobraJet

In article <x9dQd.33448$Vg3.999@lakeread05>, WindsorFox[SS]
> wrote:

> CobraJet wrote:
>
> > In article .com>,
> > sanantoniostang87 > wrote:
> >

> >>would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear
> >>all around? thanks
> >>

> > Whaddya know, the world *has* gone to Hell in a handbasket.
> >

> Stock Cobra R rims equal Hell in your world??

If they're 18's, then I guess so. I'm not a fan of rubber band tires
and "Ferris" wheels, no matter who makes them.

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old February 15th 05, 07:30 AM
Clark Kent

Windsorfox, I beg the differ. 18" wheels look good on fox bodies. It
is all about the style of the wheel of course. I would like to e-mail
you a picture of my fox with 98-Saleen 18" and ask for your opinion,
but only after you have seen the picture.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:31:20 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"

Old February 15th 05, 07:33 AM
Clark Kent

**** I wasnt trying to post jpegs to a non binary group, this message
was meant to be e-mailed to Windsorfox, please forgive me for this
mistake.

Sorry all, my mistake

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:30:25 GMT, Clark Kent