I was rejected as a beta tester from First-Racing. Now I hang myhead in shame.

Old December 18th 04, 03:08 PM
Jon

mee tooo!

i'm a brit and raced on TEN! although i did point out i cant devote too much
time to sim-racing these days, but an opportunity like that would have
really got my interest again.

i dont take it personally, can only assume they are after a select few and
the creme de laaa....

defo pleased the whole thing even exists!!

jon

Old December 18th 04, 04:56 PM
Paulinho

I didn't apply, but do all or any of you really think that you've missed
anything...?

I don't...

Old December 18th 04, 05:02 PM
Don Wilshe

Applying for this beta group was a waste of time for all of us except for
the old
guard that delivered is all the versions of nascar full of them bugs..
I'd expect to find the same ole incompetent testers since nascar 1...

Don Wilshe

I was rejected as well.

Old December 18th 04, 05:35 PM
Greg Campbell

btgoss wrote:

> You see that is just the thing.

> My buddy is not well connected. At least I don't think so. He did do
> some minor work for a flight sim, but I have been a beta tester for
> other titles in the past.

For whatever reason, First sent me one of the (apparently very rare)
Golden Tickets! I mentioned previous beta testing experience, but my
"resume" is hardly very impressive. I suspect they weed out the obvious
yahoos, then draw by lot.

> I think they are just being mean. Perhaps they are picking names at
> random. Or letting a monkey, or some other lower form of animal life
> pick the names from a bag of kibble.

I don't think they would knowingly hire televangelists, do you?
(My appologies to all primate lifeforms for loosely comparing you with
TV preachers.)

-Greg

Old December 18th 04, 05:53 PM
Dan

Yeh what fools we are to expect anything from the founder and brains behind
papyrus...
Moron.

Old December 18th 04, 07:45 PM
Krishna Murphy

Don Wilshe wrote:

> I was rejected as well.

Ahh, Faith restored :P

(Another rejectee, however I think possibly living in a non-US location
didn't help matters.)

Alan.

Old December 18th 04, 07:53 PM
Byron Forbes

"btgoss" > wrote in message
> I just got my email telling me I am not a beta tester for First-Racing
> at this time. My buddy, whom I told about the application, he got in,
> but me...nope. I think I may have been to glib in my application. Ah
> well, I am still going to buy there game, although they have shown me no
> love.
> Brit
> btgoss

Yep, me rejected too. Maybe they don't want well mannered conservatives
with supreme good will toward their fellow man like me?

Old December 18th 04, 11:01 PM
JP

"Don Wilshe" > wrote in message
m...
> Applying for this beta group was a waste of time for all of us except for
> the old
> guard that delivered is all the versions of nascar full of them bugs..
> I'd expect to find the same ole incompetent testers since nascar 1...
>

> Don Wilshe
>
> I was rejected as well.

That's because they wanted testers, not hackers.

Old December 19th 04, 01:48 AM
Steve Smith

Don't think it was that logical. For one thing, Kaemmer himself disdains
roundy-round stock car racing; vastly preferring the open wheelers. He once
told me he's rather do a sim of 100-hp Barber Dodge single-seaters than
anything with a roof. I suspect the names were picked out of a hat.

Old December 19th 04, 08:30 PM
Born Once NotAgain

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:02:51 GMT, "Don Wilshe" >
wrote:

>I'd expect to find the same ole incompetent testers since nascar 1...
>

>Don Wilshe
>
>I was rejected as well.

You attack the testers and are quite wrong sir. The testers test,
suggest and report. The developers either ignore or make the changes.
The publisher gives or does not give the developer the time to make
the changes.

Learn the process, then comment.

Jeff