install turbo

Old November 15th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

Default install turbo

Joey is wasting people's time, more than you originally intended? What
is this some kind of twisted plot you got going there?

look you posted your spam as reply to multiple messages. post a message
and leave it, no need to reply to all messages that are going throught
this group. So please feel free to **** off now with your spam.

and how exactly are you taking this offline? are you writing a letter
to somebody and taking it to a post office? I am stupid please
ellaborate, offline

I am guessing you feel that I don't have life because I don't blog on
volksride, do you think things will turn around for me if i start
bloging?

anton

Old November 15th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg[_1_]

phybertek wrote:
> Sorry for the delete and re-add.
>
> Well, I want to use the engine on the track (1/4 mile), but smooth
> enough to turn heads when I head when out of NYC and on the Jersey
> Turnpike. I was told there was a forum for building type 4 turbos, but
> I have yet to find it. Do you remember where you read these reports.

www.shoptalkforums.com Scroll down to the "Forced Induction" forum, all
what you need..

J.

Old November 16th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_3_]

While I'm fairly confident that you won't get much further with Joyey
offline, I thank you and commend you for your consideration for the
other readers of this group. This drivel has indeed gone on for long
enough. We do allow some general discussion to take place on occasion,
but continuous promoting of one and the same service, website, company
or product as the single contribution, is considered spamming and is not
allowed here. We even allow minor spats and arguments, even foul
language to go on for a while, but it gets old fast and needs to end or
continue offline once "all worth saying has been said". People are
generally pretty good about that.

Spamming is not allowed, but sometimes it is hard to draw the line.
I do agree that you have repeated yourself more than what is necessary,
in message threads where your replies offered no additional value.

All this said, I want you to understand that this is not an attack
against you or criticism against your website or services. They are most
welcome, there certainly is enough room for another forum. Now we know
it exists and how to find it. You may post an occasional reminder every
now and then, and it would be nice to hear about any recent developments
or additions. Statistics, if you will.

There is one more thing I would like you to think about for a moment.
This is Usenet. Text-only format, separated from the Internet and it's
numerous graphically superior discussion forums. The people who come
here, do so intentionally. They make a conscious choice to come here
instead of those online forums. This is different. Many of us are active
on the other forums as well of course, but for many this has been home
long before those internet forums existed. Like in most of "those other
forums", we have our own rules and charter, and behavioral guidelines.
We recognize the technical and visual supremacy of the internet forums,
but we don't care. This works for us, and does just what we need it to
do. Through Google, we can even search old posts dating back to the
beginning of this forum. Some of us have websites with more detailed
information and pictures to aid in technical issues, and some may be
hosting a blog site. Those are a welcome addition to the soup, and we
reference them where appropriate. Force feeding does not work very well
however

I hope you stick around and contibute where you can

On behalf of the group,
Your group "King"
Jan Andersson
Florida, USA.

Old November 16th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"anton" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Joey is wasting people's time,

well Anton, if you need a tutorial on how to use your newsreader's killfile,
let me know....i'm used to speaking slowly...

Old November 16th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"phybertek" > wrote in message
ups.com...
. I was told there was a forum for building type 4 turbos, but
> I have yet to find it. Do you remember where you read these reports.

not a dedicatded to type4 turbo engines, but a forum for forced induction is
located at www.shoptalkforums.com . they also have a type 4 forum, where you
can find a few ongoing threads on turbo'd type 4's.

Old November 16th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan" > wrote in message

> While I'm fairly confident that you won't get much further with Joyey
> offline,

well now i'm hurt.....you all act like i'm a bad person or something.....i'd
cry, if i actually gave a ****....

Old November 16th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_3_]

phybertek kirjoitti:
> Ok, so here is my question. Do you guys specialize in type 1 turbo
> building or do you across all air-cooled engines.

Everything aircooled VW. Not just engines either, but the whole car,
lifestyle, and cult of ACVW.

> I am building a T4 engine converted for T1.

I have done it, I chose the DIY method (Joe Cali conversion, look it up
if you like. He is one of us here, although he rarely writes anymore)

One of the best resources for information on that is at the type4rum
board at www.shoptalkforums.com and once there, you cannot avoid seeing
posts written by Jake Raby, of Raby's Aircooled Technology. (also one of
our own who doesn't have time to hang out here much anymore).
That is where the best T4 information and experience is today, no doubt.
He recently closed his own forum there but it is still accessible for
those who want to read the old archives. (I highly recommend it). Jake
started his own discussion forum hosted on his own servers, since he is
running a business and the shoptalkforums site is non-commercial. (All
in very good understanding and spirit, more like a natural transition)

> But before I spend money on parts, what are
> some of the things I should take into consideration when building at
> turbo configuration. Are turbo engines low in compression? Should I
> attempt stroker engine or not?

As joey said, it depends on what you want from the engine. Everyday
driveability is better with higher compression ratio and lower boost,
but maximum power requires more boost which in turn means lower CR must
be used.

A T4 engine is a bit more challenging when building a turbo engine,
because of the wider head stud spacing. It is harder to achieve a good
seal, and it gets worse with higher CR, bigger cylinders, or boost.
Also there is less experience out there to learn from, compared to T1
turbos. But it has been done, and there are ways to overcome the head
leak issues. I'm sure jake will tell you all you need to know. Start by
looking up fifth and sixth studding.
I am by no means an expert in turboing a T4, mine was normally
aspirated. My turbo experience is limited to T1 and watercooled riceburners.

> I know this question might be basic, but this is my starting point. My
> original design was 2270cc (96mm, 78.4mm crank, webcam with a mild lift
> - split duration etc). Could someone recommend good reading on turbos
> and T4.

As I already mentioned, shoptalkforums. They also have a forum dedicated
for forced induction.

> What is your opinion on use a T4 (Porsche 914) engine as a base for
> building?
>
> -Phybertek

For maximum power output, go with Type 1. (Racing, weekend warrior).
For massive torque, displacement, and longevity, go with T4. (Big strong
daily drivers)

The T4 is significantly more expensive to build, although the parts
prices have come down a bit in recent years, due to increasing demand.
What is perhaps more crucial is knowledge. There's more of it available
for the T1.

Jan

Old November 16th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan[_3_]

Joey Tribiani kirjoitti:
> "Jan" > wrote in message
>> While I'm fairly confident that you won't get much further with Joyey
>> offline,

> well now i'm hurt.....you all act like i'm a bad person or something.....i'd
> cry, if i actually gave a ****....

....see what I mean

No, you are not a bad person. You just don't take **** from people and
there's nothing wrong with that.

you big poopy-head!

Jan
Old November 16th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Jan" > wrote in message

> ...see what I mean
>
> No, you are not a bad person. You just don't take **** from people and
> there's nothing wrong with that.
>

> you big poopy-head!

if'n you're gonna hug me like that, please remove your hand from my butt!!
thank you....that is all....<G>

Old November 16th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

I don't act like you are a bad person. I do admit that I might have
issues ellaborating myself. I guess my communication skills are at the
level of 5 year old compared to Jan. I hope to get better and don't
make wrong people cry in the process.

cheers,
anton

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Jan" > wrote in message
> >
> > While I'm fairly confident that you won't get much further with Joyey
> > offline,

> well now i'm hurt.....you all act like i'm a bad person or something.....i'd
> cry, if i actually gave a ****....

AWA [OFFER] 20,000 MotorCraft Thermostats RT-1140 [email protected] General 0 December 8th 05 09:01 PM
258 head swap? Steve G Jeep 8 October 4th 05 04:34 PM
beware VW turbo repair scham Ken Driving 83 June 2nd 05 03:37 AM
Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
OT - Had a really weird game install problem. elrikk Simulators 3 October 29th 04 02:30 PM