Annoying tape

Old November 4th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg[_1_]

Default Annoying tape

Eddie wrote:
> Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
> The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably speaker
> wire.

Acetone.
Just be careful with the original paint, test for compliance..

J.
Old November 4th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Raymond T. Lowe

Eddie wrote:
> Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
> The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably speaker
> wire.

Try paint thinner or mineral spirits. The ultimate product would be rubber
cement solvent from a stationary store.

Old November 6th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Steve Lawman

VODKA

Who knew!!!!

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The
solvent dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a
trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five
minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean
cloth dampened with vodka. The alcoh ol in the vodka cleans the glass
and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting
your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka
disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to
cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol
cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth
of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to
kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer
bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or
black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender
flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the
sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply
the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and
back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the
urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth Allow your gums to absorb
some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

And silly me. I've only been drinking the stuff!!!

Old November 6th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

There is a 3m product to remove glue, stickers and etc. It is safe on
paint and specificaly designed for this "kind" purpose. A friend of
mine used it to remove old stick on pin striping which totaly fused
with the car. Took good part of the day but he got it all off. Your
case is not as drastic. This 3m stuff can be found in FLAPS or
hardware store. If you can't find it, try bug&tar. This removes bugs,
tar, tree sap and all other kinds of stiky crap. Worked for me on tree
sap which was on the car for 2/3 weeks and WAS in abundance.

Anton

Old November 6th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Would this be it?

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

oups.com...

Old November 7th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Hairy

"Eddie" > wrote in message
. com...
> Does anybody have a method to remove duct tape adhesive off paint?
> The PO must have taped something up underneath the dash, probably speaker
> wire.
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Eddie

See if the lady of the house has any Avon *Skin so Soft* laying around.
Works very well and won't harm paint.

Dave

Old November 7th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions.
--
Eddie

. com...

Old November 7th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

> 5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

LOL
What if the vomit stain is caused by VODKA? ;-D

Old November 8th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

I've got an annoying tape. The kids put it in the van stereo & it wont come
back out...

i'll get my coat...

James

Old November 8th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dave Tosi

I have used cigar lighter fluid (liquid naphtha) with great success.
Doesn't hurt paint, or yourself, as long as you don't smoke!

Fweem.

Dave

--
David A. Tosi