I got my 2nd speeding ticket. What should I do?

Old December 6th 04, 04:37 AM
Arif Khokar

truckinsp wrote:

> MT drivers have always been more responsible than drivers
> in more populated states

You have to resort to your own imagination to support your arguments?
Try again.
Old December 6th 04, 04:43 AM
truckinsp

>You have to resort to your own imagination to support your arguments?
>Try again.

Obviously you've never been to MT.....

Old December 6th 04, 04:43 AM
truckinsp

Old December 6th 04, 05:03 AM
Arif Khokar

truckinsp wrote:

>>You have to resort to your own imagination to support your arguments?
>>Try again.

> Obviously you've never been to MT.....

I live in a state that has a low population density as well. I don't
see any difference between the relative responsibility of drivers here
as compared to places like near Washington DC.
Old December 6th 04, 05:03 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 6th 04, 05:20 AM
Big Bill

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 04:34:07 GMT, "truckinsp" <truckinsp@ nowhere.com>
wrote:

>My story has always been the same....speed kills.....the lack of a speed
>limit in MT is proof of NOTHING and should not be used to support increased
>speed limits.....MT drivers have always been more responsible than drivers
>in more populated states and when given the chance to speed they didn't do
>it......now tell me that THAT would happen in California or Ohio or anywhere
>else

If speed killed, we'd have no space program, NASCAR would be gone, and
all cars would be governed to 5 mph.
Speed does not kill.
As trite as it may sound, it's the sudden stop that kills. The job of
the drivers is to apply a lot of thought to avoid that sudden stop.
It's not really hard, most people manage it every day.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 6th 04, 05:20 AM
Big Bill

Old December 6th 04, 05:28 AM
Big Bill

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:43:07 -0800, "C.H." >
wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:18:11 -0700, Big Bill wrote:
>
>> The US Interstates d
>> and the Autobahn differ in far more than merely trhe speed limits.
>> The entire philosophy regarding driving is very different in the two
>> places.

>That doesn't change the fact that speeds beyond 75mph are not by default
>unsafe. There are US-Freeways where even 65 can be dangerous, others would
>allow much higher speeds without problems, and _that_ is why I told
>Anthony that his answer is bull****.

Yes, you're right. Speed in and of itself is not unsafe. I never said
it is.
But the difference between the crash rates is *not* because of the
different speed limits.

>> In the US, driving is seen as a necessity (almost a right) and is
>> treated as such; thus, we have much lower licensing requirements as
>> well as much laxer enforcement of driving rules than the Germans have.

>In Germany driving is also seen as a necessity and the licensing rules are
>not nearly strict enough, but that also does not make driving faster than
>75 by default unsafe.

The licensing and enforcement are indeed tougher than here in the US.
"Not strict enough" means nothing in this case.

>> The result is the fact that the two road systems have a very different
>> population of drivers. The speed laws are one method of reflecting
>> that fact.

>The speed laws are mainly reflecting the fact that most states (like the
>'Bundeslaender' in Germany) are suffering from a distinct lack of funds
>caused by overspending of politicians.

How do you come to this conclusion? >
>> The fact that there are, in the US, some drivers who are very safe at,
>> say, 90 mph does not negate the fact that they share the roads with
>> people who do not understand what those lines in the middle of the
>> road are for.

>If a driver is safe at 90mph he knows to adjust his speed to conditions
>and thus does not drive 90mph where the conditions, including other
>motorists, do not allow 90mph.

Which is pretty much everywhere.
Plus, your idea allows the individual drivers to determine when it's
safe to go 90; that's obviously not the way to do things; all one
needs to do is watch those who do go 90 to see that many of them are
not safe.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 6th 04, 05:28 AM
Big Bill

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 6th 04, 06:37 AM
Furious George

"truckinsp" <truckinsp@ nowhere.com> wrote in message k.net>...

Why do you hate America?

> >It looks like I will have to fight dirty.

> Go ahead.....look like a fool.....I particularly love those who come in
> thinking the judge was born yesterday.....
>
> >I have a few things working for me:

> Nah, you don't
>
> >1) Where he was, and what he drove: He was parked right around a
> >corner, after I passed under an overpass. He drove a Cruiser marked
> >"Highway Patrol." I barely had time to react, and I even hit the
> >brakes the moment I saw him.

> So how does THAT work in your favor??????

The cop was dirty. Don't you get it?

> >2) The traffic was quite heavy at the time. If I had to hazard a
> >guess, I'd say that the rate of cars going by was about 100 per
> >minute. Most were traveling between 65-80mph.

> And you were traveling 94 mph.....and in that kind of traffic....if I were
> the judge, I'd up the charges to reckless endangerment....

Not everyone is like you grandpa. Some of use have places to go to
and we needed to be there like 5 minutes ago.

> >3) When I asked him how he knew that I was speeding, he said "I
> >watched your vehicle, to see if it looked like you were going above
> >90. Then I flipped on the radar and got your speed."

> Standard procedure....we're trained to estimate speeds.....

You mean revenue generation.

> >4) I then asked for permission to see the radar readout. He informed
> >me that it would not be safe to do so (too many cars going by) and
> >that the readout was erased after a few seconds.

> Are you kidding????? Do you think that we have time to "lock" the radar
> just so the perp can get a view??????

Why should we take your word. What if you made up a reading?

Traffic Ticket in Toronto HDR BMW 17 December 7th 04 03:08 AM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
And I thought my ticket for 93 in a 40 limit was bad Rufio Corvette 2 September 26th 04 03:36 AM