96 Voyager - Speed control frozen

Old November 5th 04, 09:33 AM
Asle Eriksen

Default 96 Voyager - Speed control frozen

Hi

I'm having trouble with the speed control on my 96 Grand Voyager.
When turning ignition on, the speed control light goes on.
However I can't turn it off. And it does not work at all.

Could a good old disconnect battery terminals, wait, reconnect
battery terminals solve this. Or should I look for errors elsewere?

Asle Eriksen
Old November 5th 04, 04:05 PM
Carl Baron

Indication of a possible clockspring failure (in steering wheel;
controls horn, cruise control and airbag). This part failed in many,
many cars. Was recalled but presently recall only goes back to 97 (I
think) and only in cars with less than 70,000 miles.
Carl

Old November 5th 04, 04:05 PM
Carl Baron

Old November 5th 04, 07:22 PM
RPhillips47

Carl Baron wrote:

>Indication of a possible clockspring failure (in steering wheel;
>controls horn, cruise control and airbag). This part failed in many,
>many cars. Was recalled but presently recall only goes back to 97 (I
>think) and only in cars with less than 70,000 miles.
>Carl

If it is the clockspring there are two recalls - one for 1996 - 1998 vehicles
and the other for 1998- 2000 vehicles. If a vehicles has less than 70,000 miles
dealers will replace the clockspring at no charge. For those vehicles with more
than 70,000 miles it will be replaced at no charge only if it fails.

I have a '96 T&C LXi that had the clcokspring fail before the first recall. I
paid $190 to have it replaced. After I received the recall notice I mailed a
copy of my repair receipt to Chrysler and they sent me a check for the total
amount. This van now has over 184,000 miles on it. When I had it at my dealer
for some service earlier this year they went ahead and replaced the clockspring
again under the recall as records showed it had never been performed.
Old November 5th 04, 07:22 PM
RPhillips47