How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

Old June 3rd 05, 09:05 PM

Jim Yanik wrote:

> Even if you never drove a car on state highways,you still would have to pay
> your yearly user fees(lic.plate renewal) for use of local public roads.

It's not a "use tax".

It's a "registration fee."

And in WA, at $30/year, it's barely enough to cover the costs of
administering it and issuing plates.

I pay sales and property taxes, and one of the benefits I get from that
is that I pay for roads useable for, and legal for, my bicycle use.

Tough **** for you, Jim. Are you gonna cry?

E.P.

Old June 4th 05, 03:55 AM
Brent P

In article >, Jim Smith wrote:

>> You should see the bike path on the chicago lake front where it is actually
>> part of the breakwater/concrete shoreline in early spring. Now that's
>> crumbling. The lake really pounds it in the winter.

> Heh. You are talking about right he
> http://tinyurl.com/dt9kh
> aren't you?

Yeah, that looks like the stretch that gets tore up pretty bad.

From the beach at the bottom of the picture to the curve just before the
beach in the middle of the pic.

Old June 4th 05, 04:18 AM
Brent P

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:

>>> Yes,it's your *yearly* lic.plate fee.

>> It's not a use tax.
>>

> Yes,it is,you just won't admit you're wrong.

Only in your mind. I'll just make the cook county TB tax the bicycle
usage tax in mind. Just as valid.

Old June 4th 05, 05:09 PM
Jim Yanik

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Jim Yanik
> wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> In article >, Jim Yanik
>>> wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in

>>> It's not called a usage fee. And that's what your arguement is, one
>>> about labels.
>>>

>> Wrong again.
>> Too bad you will not admit you're wrong.

> You're making a semantic argument about labels.

No,you are.
You are the one who refuses to recognize that a *yearly* fee for license
plate "renewal" is a usage tax,solely because they don't come out and say
it specifically that way.
It IS a "license" for that vehicle to USE the public roads,renewed(paid;a
tax or fee) yearly.A usage tax.

Either you are dishonest or incapable of understanding simple things.

> There is no yearly
> usage tax for automobiles in IL. You might interpet something else to
> be a usage tax, but that doesn't make it one under the tight semantic
> rules.

There's YOUR semantics game again.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old June 5th 05, 05:29 AM

Jim Yanik wrote:

> You are the one who refuses to recognize that a *yearly* fee for license
> plate "renewal" is a usage tax,solely because they don't come out and say
> it specifically that way.

So, I'm not allowed to drive from my state to another, because I
haven't paid my "use tax" for their roads? Your logic still isn't any
good.

> It IS a "license" for that vehicle to USE the public roads,renewed(paid;a
> tax or fee) yearly.A usage tax.

No, no matter how many times you claim this to be true, it isn't. Even
if my car sat unused, I must, by law, register it. And it costs money
to administer the system that tracks these things.

> Either you are dishonest or incapable of understanding simple things.

I'm guessing in your case it's both.

E.P.

Old June 6th 05, 03:30 AM
Brent P

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:

>>> Wrong again.
>>> Too bad you will not admit you're wrong.

>> You're making a semantic argument about labels.

> No,you are.

You're the one renaming taxes.
Bicyclists pay taxes that go to roads. You're just ****ed off because
they aren't called 'bicycle user fees'. To bolster your arguement you
rename a tax motorists pay to a 'user fee'.

> Either you are dishonest or incapable of understanding simple things.

Just playing your game.

>> There is no yearly
>> usage tax for automobiles in IL. You might interpet something else to
>> be a usage tax, but that doesn't make it one under the tight semantic
>> rules.

> There's YOUR semantics game again.

Guess only you are allowed to play your game.