Need help with GPL controller setup

Old May 27th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

Default Need help with GPL controller setup

Uwe, the simple solution is to use GPLShift which allows more axes to
be recognized. Find this utility at http://www.gplshift.dk/ The line
Share_All_16_AXES = 1 that you need is near the bottom of the ini
file.

It's not just for enabling an H-shifter in GPL. You can use it to
change FOV too.

Bob Simpson

Old May 28th 07, 08:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Albert Ross

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> On 27 May 2007 12:49:02 -0700, Bob Simpson wrote:
>
>>Uwe, the simple solution is to use GPLShift which allows more axes to
>>be recognized. Find this utility at http://www.gplshift.dk/ The line
>>Share_All_16_AXES = 1 that you need is near the bottom of the ini
>>file.
>>
>>It's not just for enabling an H-shifter in GPL. You can use it to
>>change FOV too.
>>
>>Bob Simpson
>>

> Hi Bob,
>
> that worked rather nicely, but now I cannot assign the shifter buttons
> to *any* button on the wheel. The steering axis is detected ok now, but
> not the buttons. Any ideas on how to fix this one?
>

> Thanks for your help,
>
> uwe

Buy a USB extension cable, so you can more easily unplug the cougar.
Old May 28th 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On May 27, 6:16 pm, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> that worked rather nicely, but now I cannot assign the shifter buttons
> to *any* button on the wheel. The steering axis is detected ok now, but
> not the buttons. Any ideas on how to fix this one?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> uwe
>
> --
> GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

What do you mean by "assign the shifter buttons"? You mean the
paddles? In GPLShift.ini set the first option to None since you're
not using an H-shifter. Otherwise it expects to be detecting a
shifting device, I think.

Old May 31st 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On May 30, 1:28 pm, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:

> I just tried setting the shifter to NONE, but still none of the wheel
> buttons work.
>
> Do I have to re-run gplshift after making changes to the gplshift.ini
> file?
>
> Cheers, uwe
>
> --
> GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

No, you shouldn't have to. First check that in the Control Panel >
Game Controllers window, the buttons are active. Could it be that the
Logitech Profiler has conflicting button assignments? Try turning the
profiler off if it was on.

If the buttons are active in the Game Controllers window, but not in
GPL, I'm stumped for now. If you run GPLpatch.EXE again, you can
unpatch GPL (rerunning it will repatch it later) and you can see if
the buttons can be configured.