R&R Ranger Window Motor Lift Gear?

Old December 22nd 08, 10:37 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech
Tube Audio[_2_]

Default R&R Ranger Window Motor Lift Gear?

Hello

I need to replace the window motor lift gear in my 1990 ranger.

I've read online and checked the manual but still don't understand what is
involved?

So is the main task to remove the window motor?

Does the regulator come out with the motor? The glass stay in the door
frame?

If anyone knows the steps would be so kind to outline the steps, that would
be a great help

Thanks

Old December 22nd 08, 03:00 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Dec 22, 5:37*am, "Tube Audio" > wrote:
> Hello
>
> I need to replace the window motor lift gear in my 1990 ranger.
>
> I've read online and checked the manual but still don't understand what is
> involved?
>
> So is the main task to remove the window motor?
>
> Does the regulator come out with the motor? *The glass stay in the door
> frame?
>
> If anyone knows the steps would be so kind to outline the steps, that would
> be a great help
>
> Thanks

Here is what I found on the repair guide at my work.

1. Disconnect the neg. battery cable
2. Open the window. Remove the trim panel and water shield and support
the window
3. disconnect the power window motor connector.
4. There may be a drill dimple in the door panel, oppisite the
concealed motor retaining bolt. Be careful to avoid damage to the
wires. Remove the motor mounting bolts and remove the motor and
regulator assembly.
5. Separate the motor and drive from the regulator on a workbench.
6 Installation is the reverse of removal.
7. Check for smooth operation before installing the trim panel.
Old December 25th 08, 02:23 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech
mark

"Tube Audio" > wrote in message
> Hello
>

> I need to replace the window motor lift gear in my 1990 ranger.
>

> I've read online and checked the manual but still don't understand what is
> involved?

Go to your local dealer and have a service rep print up the R&R instructions
from their data base.

I did this with my Focus and all the diagrams were real easy to follow.

R&R Ranger Window Motor Lift Gear? Tube Audio[_2_] Technology 2 December 25th 08 02:23 PM
GC 2001 - lift gate + lift window won't open P.Schuman Jeep 0 October 9th 07 03:49 PM
Help, 1986 Chrysler LeBaron Window Lift Gear Kit Michael Chrysler 2 November 27th 05 07:24 PM
window lift motor Zaphod Saturn 4 June 2nd 04 11:35 AM
1988 Ford Ranger 4x4 w/3"lift , shakes and jerks in 1st gear what would cause this? JCO 4x4 0 May 4th 04 11:44 PM