E39 - Air Flow Meter for 525 TDS Touring April 1997

Old September 6th 06, 04:32 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ajm59

Default E39 - Air Flow Meter for 525 TDS Touring April 1997

Hi, I need to substitute the Air Flow Meter on my car. It's a E39 525
TDS Touring (April 1997).
The current one is a PIERBURG, but iI cannot read its part number. I
would like to avoid to stop the car and keep it blocked until I get the
replacement, as I utilize my car every day. I would prefer to preorder
the part and stop the car just for a few hours.
So I was wondering if someone may tell me the exact code of the
airflow, so that I can buy the replacement and get it substituted in a
very short time.
At last, I would prefer not to buy it at BMW, but I would like to order
and buy it directly at a spare parts shop (either PIERBURG, BOSCH or
whatsoever). The markup applied by BMW is unjustified in my opinion.
Thanks for you inputs. Alberto

Old September 6th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jack[_1_]

Here is a link to Real OEM BMW parts giving the part number and price from
them.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...& hg=13&fg=15

oups.com...

Old September 6th 06, 06:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
admin[_1_]

Jack wrote:
> Here is a link to Real OEM BMW parts giving the part number and price from
> them.
> http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...& hg=13&fg=15

Actually - REALOEM doesn't sell anything. These prices are Euro prices
converted to US dollar values. Sometimes that works - sometimes it doesn't.
Old September 7th 06, 09:25 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ajm59

Hi Sylvain,

thanks for your input. Very much appreciated !!!

If you know please tell me what such acronyms mean: ETK, EPC, TIS.

I found them in an eBay auction for selling a fully comprehensive spare
parts BMW 5-series catalog on CD.

This is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-O...spagenameZWD4V

Thanks. Alberto

syl. ha scritto:

> BMW parts # 13 62 2 246 084 from ETK. Don't know the pierburg parts number.
>
> Sylvain
>
> "ajm59" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> > Hi, I need to substitute the Air Flow Meter on my car. It's a E39 525
> > TDS Touring (April 1997).
> > The current one is a PIERBURG, but iI cannot read its part number. I
> > would like to avoid to stop the car and keep it blocked until I get the
> > replacement, as I utilize my car every day. I would prefer to preorder
> > the part and stop the car just for a few hours.
> > So I was wondering if someone may tell me the exact code of the
> > airflow, so that I can buy the replacement and get it substituted in a
> > very short time.
> > At last, I would prefer not to buy it at BMW, but I would like to order
> > and buy it directly at a spare parts shop (either PIERBURG, BOSCH or
> > whatsoever). The markup applied by BMW is unjustified in my opinion.
> > Thanks for you inputs. Alberto

E39 - Air Flow Meter - Clean or Replace it in case of problems ? Alberto Maccagno BMW 0 August 3rd 06 11:40 PM
AWA [OFFER] Air Flow Meter | Mass Air Flow Sensor | MAF [email protected] General 0 April 14th 06 05:51 AM
air flow meter paul mcmillen Audi 0 February 24th 06 08:06 PM
double air flow meter [email protected] Technology 3 February 21st 06 08:13 PM
AWA [OFFER] New Air Flow Meter [email protected] General 0 December 1st 05 11:53 AM