Help with Temp Guage on 85 528E

Old September 22nd 04, 05:27 PM
SCM

Default Help with Temp Guage on 85 528E

I could use some help. The Temp Gauge on my 1985 528E stopped working. I
know it's the dash gauge that the problem. The dealer wants $172.00 for a
new gauge so I bought a after market one for $29.00. My problem is I can't
find any where to install the sending unit.
On the passenger side of the engine block in-between the two center
freeze plugs is what looks like a drain for the block but I'm not sure. Does
anyone know what it is, or do you have any ideas where I can install the
sensor?
Thanks for any feed back.

Stephen

Old September 23rd 04, 01:00 PM
John Burns

> I could use some help. The Temp Gauge on my 1985 528E stopped working. I
> know it's the dash gauge that the problem. The dealer wants $172.00 for a
> new gauge so I bought a after market one for $29.00.

Often a failing temp gauge or tacho is the first sign of dying SI
batteries. A new pair of AA size NICADs with solder tage may be all you
need! Charge before installation and solder to replace the dead ones
behind the green LEDs.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!

Temp Sensor - '91 Audi 100 ~ ElektraMan ~ Audi 4 December 17th 04 09:58 PM
A4 temp problem Toy Audi 3 November 15th 04 07:19 PM
Loss of Cabin temp control Michelle P Audi 3 September 9th 04 01:55 AM
Engine temp - 156 2.5 V6 - Jacopo Alfa Romeo 12 June 18th 04 07:16 PM
Audi 100 quattro temp gauge probs Paul Wickham Audi 1 May 31st 04 04:39 PM