Battery and Alternator question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 5th 04, 02:10 PM
Wurm

Default Battery and Alternator question

Hey all,

Driving in to work today, for the first time since I've owned my Saturn
(SL2, 98, bought used in 2001) my battery indicator light came on. Now, I've
heard and read in the past about the problems that Saturns have with
alternators, and if you get your alternator changed you should get the
battery changed at the same time, but my question is: is this true in
reverse?. Can I just head down to Canadian Tire and get a new batt and drop
it in myself?, or are there tests or verifications that I should do first to
find out if my alternator needs to be changed as well?

TIA!!!

Wurm