156 Fuel guage illumination

Old January 11th 05, 10:12 PM

Default 156 Fuel guage illumination

The background illumination of the fuel guage in my 156 has failed and
the readout is very dim and difficult to read....especially at night!

Anyone got any idea how easy it is to remove the console fascia and set
about a bulb replacement or is this something for a dealer only.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

fmt

156 2.0 Veloce 2001 UK model

Old January 12th 05, 12:01 AM
Aslan

> Anyone got any idea how easy it is to remove the console fascia and
> set about a bulb replacement

You can get a hint from here http://www.dashmount.co.uk/pages/71516.htm

And:

Fra: "alfa659" <roger.baylis1 R E M O V E @ntlworld.com>
Emne: Light in 156 dashboard
Dato: 19. november 2002 09:43

You need to remove the whole console, Just cosmetic. It takes about 30 mins.
I have got a write up I did for just this question which I'll try and dig
out for you later, but in the mean time I'll give it to you roughly...

Remove the stereo, ash tray, and gear stick boot...
Once you have done this you will see a range of screws which you will need
to remove...
Then when the screws are out lift the console from the gear stick end...
Once the console cover is off there are some screws holding the knobs in
place this will give you access to them...

This is a rough guide if are stuck just mail me and I'll try and help...

Regards Roger

Aslan

2003 Mercedes E 320 CDI Avantgardé
1998 Alfa 156 2.0