2002 Stratus A/C knob problem

Old May 12th 04, 11:14 PM
Matt C.

Default 2002 Stratus A/C knob problem

I own a 2002 stratus w/ 38000 miles on it. Today i had my AC on setting 3
and the blower was working fine. I turned the car off. ten minutes later
turned the car back on and fan settings 1-3 wont work at all. Setting 4
works fine. I checked the fuse, and it was fine. all other accessories are
also working. I was poking around under the hood, and pulled out the Rad.
Fan Lo relay(with the car off) then replaced it, and since i did that the
Check engine light is on. any tricks to turn it off? I know its only on
cause i pulled the relay. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanx,

--
Matt C.
Philly, Pa

Old May 13th 04, 01:45 AM
Matt C.

OK-- so i have done a lot of searching since i posted this, and i found out
that alot of 90's model dodge trucks had problems with the blower resistor
pack on the firewall. Can anyone tell me does my dodge have this same
resistor pack/possible culprit? and if so, how do I locate it?
Thanx

--
Matt C.

ink.net...

Old May 13th 04, 01:45 AM
Matt C.

OK-- so i have done a lot of searching since i posted this, and i found out
that alot of 90's model dodge trucks had problems with the blower resistor
pack on the firewall. Can anyone tell me does my dodge have this same
resistor pack/possible culprit? and if so, how do I locate it?
Thanx

--
Matt C.

ink.net...

Old May 13th 04, 05:24 AM
Gene Poon

Matt C. wrote:
> OK-- so i have done a lot of searching since i posted this, and i found out
> that alot of 90's model dodge trucks had problems with the blower resistor
> pack on the firewall. Can anyone tell me does my dodge have this same
> resistor pack/possible culprit? and if so, how do I locate it?

Yes.

The resistors absorb excess energy at the slower speed fan settings. In
the process they heat and can burn up. Usually the assembly is screwed
over a hole in the firewall so the resistors themselves are in the air
stream from the cowl air intake, to cool them. On some vehicles the
assembly is screwed to a hole in the heater/AC housing, still in the
airstream for cooling.

Another possible fault, if it exists on your truck, is a diode that is
connected in the same circuit. It is meant to "brake" the fan when you
switch it to a slower speed, so it slows down quickly instead of
freewheeling down to speed. If it fails, it usually results in one fan
speed only: high. If your vehicle is so equipped, it's part of the
blower resistor pack. It can fail without the resistors going bad; last
one I saw was on a 92 Dakota, and we simply clipped it out. Maybe the
fan freewheels a bit more when it is switched from HIGH to a lower
speed, but it's not as though we noticed.
Old May 13th 04, 05:24 AM
Gene Poon

Old May 13th 04, 01:28 PM
Ted

Here is a link that may help....
http://www.stratusphere.us/forums/in...howtopic=20297

There is also a link in the article that shows you what it looks like...

Take your time.. good luck.

Old May 14th 04, 01:23 PM
Matt C.

Thanx guys. I am going to tackle this in about an hour or so, I will let you
know how it goes.
Thanx,

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/

.. .

Old May 14th 04, 01:23 PM
Matt C.

Thanx guys. I am going to tackle this in about an hour or so, I will let you
know how it goes.
Thanx,

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/

.. .

Old May 14th 04, 07:02 PM
Matt C.

got it! it took about 8 minutes and a trip to the dealer for a $5.30 part.
Thanks for the help all!

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/
ink.net...

ALARM PROBLEM on E36 97 318 Toby BMW 0 January 9th 05 02:47 PM
2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions LIW Audi 2 November 14th 04 05:38 PM
HELP!!! - Ignition coil problem on 99 LS1 Christopher Martin Corvette 0 October 10th 04 09:08 PM
2004 Elantra Airbag Problem TImothy A. Roy Alfa Romeo 0 October 6th 04 02:02 AM