Warm, overcast day in Sydney.

Old November 15th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

Default Warm, overcast day in Sydney.

Left at 7:30 to go to the hardware store, about 10mins drive) to pick
up a couple of galv coachbolts for a little job at home.
Dropped the top on my black LE NC (no.1797 if anyone's interested) and
took off,,,,,it's just before 11am and I've just returned.
10 mins there, 10 in the shop.....and then....

Damn it's a good day for driving, pity the job can't wait till next
weekend.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old November 16th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

OzOne wrote:

> Damn it's a good day for driving, pity the job can't wait till
> next weekend.

Beautiful day here in Phoenix also, I made a run of about 30 miles
on the freeway with the top down, short sleeve shirt, perfect
temperature!

Like you, it was an errand but I figured why not enjoy it as much as
possible? Traffic was VERY light, I stayed in the slow lane, lazed
along at the speed limit, enjoyed every minute of it!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old November 16th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:55:26 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:

>OzOne wrote:
>
>> Damn it's a good day for driving, pity the job can't wait till
>> next weekend.

>Beautiful day here in Phoenix also, I made a run of about 30 miles
>on the freeway with the top down, short sleeve shirt, perfect
>temperature!
>
>Like you, it was an errand but I figured why not enjoy it as much as
>possible? Traffic was VERY light, I stayed in the slow lane, lazed
>along at the speed limit, enjoyed every minute of it!

Ahhh Yes...I took the 'green road' the one that winds along the
river....superb!

Old November 18th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Well...the sun is out bright in St. Louis...and the temp is all the way up
to 36. (And that's 'F')

Old November 19th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:37:23 -0600, "BK" >
wrote:

>Well...the sun is out bright in St. Louis...and the temp is all the way up
>to 36. (And that's 'F')

36 F?.......Brrrrrr, It was 35C here a few days back!

Old November 20th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

OzOne wrote:
>BK wrote:
>
>>Well...the sun is out bright in St. Louis...and the temp is all
>>the way up
>>to 36. (And that's 'F')
>>

> 36 F?.......Brrrrrr, It was 35C here a few days back!

This past Sunday, the high was about 42F but there was a nice
stiff wind blowing. However, it didn't stop 15 Miata with
assorted drivers and passengers from doing a 2.5 hour drive from
Valley Forge to Reading, PA, with a run up Duryea Drive to the
Pagoda.

I was glad I had a hat on or my ears would have frozen and fallen
off. ;-)

The next day the temperature dropped 15 degrees and I broke down
and put the winter tires on. ;-(

Today, the high was 24F and we had snow flurries all day.
They're forecasting snow starting tonight and falling through
noon tomorrow. Maybe I'll break down and put the hard top on
this weekend.

<sigh>

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old November 29th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

On 20-Nov-2008, "Iva" > wrote:

> to Reading, PA, with a run up Duryea Drive to the Pagoda.

Ooooh, that would be fun in the Miata. Have done that drive many times,
mostly in the family minivan when my son was attending Albright. When the
weather gets nice again (surely it will, won't it?) may have to make an
early run from central NJ to Reading.

Hugh C.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Hugh C wrote:
> On 20-Nov-2008, "Iva" > wrote:
>
>> to Reading, PA, with a run up Duryea Drive to the Pagoda.

> Ooooh, that would be fun in the Miata. Have done that drive
> many times,
> mostly in the family minivan when my son was attending
> Albright. When the
> weather gets nice again (surely it will, won't it?) may have to
> make an
> early run from central NJ to Reading.
>
> Hugh C.

Well, when you're ready for a ride (and yes, I have to believe
that the weather *will* get warm again - eventually!), give a
shout and I'm sure we can get some of the LVMOC folk to join in.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata