1991 MX5 over heating

Old November 21st 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default 1991 MX5 over heating

wrote:

> Thanks everyone for a all good suggestions/advice. It looks like I
> need the head gas kit set (replaced).
>
> Abid

Just FYI, it is the head "gasket", and there is just one gasket for the
head unless I am forgetting something.

You might want to ask Chris D'Agnolo for a shop recommendation, he lives
in your area.

His newsgroup access has been out since October for some reason, (he
gets his other newsgroups, but he does not get r.a.m.m.m.).

He uses this email address on here and I am sure that he would not mind
receiving an email about what auto repair shop he uses.
I would trust his recommendation as well.

Good luck!

Pat
Old November 21st 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

On Nov 21, 11:28*am, pws > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Thanks everyone for a all good suggestions/advice. It looks like I
> > need the head gas kit set (replaced).

> > Abid

> Just FYI, it is the head "gasket", and there is just one gasket for the
> head unless I am forgetting something.
>
> You might want to ask Chris D'Agnolo for a shop recommendation, he lives
> in your area.
>
> His newsgroup access has been out since October for some reason, (he
> gets his other newsgroups, but he does not get r.a.m.m.m.).
>
> He uses this email address on here and I am sure that he would not mind
> receiving an email about what auto repair shop he uses.
> I would trust his recommendation as well.
>

> Good luck!
>
> Pat

Thanks, Pat, One of my good friend owns a shop and he is working on
it, I trust him and he always give me good discount on parts and
labor, so I am ok there. Thanks again for your good advice I know
Chris through this group, matter of fact we live in same area, Sugar
Land, TX.

Abid
Old November 21st 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

wrote:

> Thanks, Pat, One of my good friend owns a shop and he is working on
> it, I trust him and he always give me good discount on parts and
> labor, so I am ok there. Thanks again for your good advice I know
> Chris through this group, matter of fact we live in same area, Sugar
> Land, TX.
>
> Abid

Yeah, Chris is a good guy.

Abid, did you ever find a top? I am still selling the one that I had for
the person who bought it, as well as some of the other parts.

Question to the group:

What is a reasonable price for a used 1990-1997 Robbins no-zip
glass-window top, professionally installed, and with a rain rail that
was replaced with the top?

The outside does not look brand-new, but it is in very nice condition.

It was installed sometime between 4 and 5 years ago, but has sat for
about 3 1/2 years, both in the street and in the garage, most of the
time under a cover with the top up.

The underside of the top is very clean and still completely black, it
was only dropped without using a a boot for a very short period of time.

Normally, I would think roughly 50% of retail.

With this top, however, the most expensive part of the installation is
already done, all that is left is the 3 bolts per side and 12 bolts in
the back, no stretching the fabric over the frame, no running cables, etc.
The latches are also in very nice shape. This one is now
"pre-stretched", so it latches easily.

Any ideas? Maybe 40% to 50% of the total cost to have a new one shipped
and installed?

Thanks!

Pat
Old November 22nd 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

On Nov 21, 2:58*pm, pws > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Thanks, Pat, One of my good friend owns a shop and he is working on
> > it, I trust him and he always give me good discount on parts and
> > labor, so I am ok there. Thanks again for your good advice I know
> > Chris through this group, matter of fact we live in same area, Sugar
> > Land, TX.

> > Abid

> Yeah, Chris is a good guy.
>
> Abid, did you ever find a top? I am still selling the one that I had for
> the person who bought it, as well as some of the other parts.
>
> Question to the group:
>
> What is a reasonable price for a used 1990-1997 Robbins no-zip
> glass-window top, professionally installed, and with a rain rail that
> was replaced with the top?
>
> The outside does not look brand-new, but it is in very nice condition.
>
> It was installed sometime between 4 and 5 years ago, but has sat for
> about 3 1/2 years, both in the street and in the garage, most of the
> time under a cover with the top up.
>
> The underside of the top is very clean and still completely black, it
> was only dropped without using a a boot for a very short period of time.
>
> Normally, I would think roughly 50% of retail.
>
> With this top, however, the most expensive part of the installation is
> already done, all that is left is the 3 bolts per side and 12 bolts in
> the back, no stretching the fabric over the frame, no running cables, etc..
> The latches are also in very nice shape. This one is now
> "pre-stretched", so it latches easily.
>
> Any ideas? Maybe 40% to 50% of the total cost to have a new one shipped
> and installed?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pat

No, actually I didn't look since we talk about it, honestly I am
thinking about selling my 91, you saw the picture, it is in good shape
except the latest episode of sensor replacement and head gas kit.
Interested...

Abid
Old November 22nd 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

On Nov 22, 1:40*pm, pws > wrote:
> wrote:
> > No, actually I didn't look since we talk about it, honestly I am
> > thinking about selling my 91, you saw the picture, it is in good shape
> > except the latest episode of sensor replacement and head gas kit.
> > Interested...

> > Abid

> Hmmmm, interesting. It would be my third 1991 model miata.......
>
> How much would you ask for it, and what kind of mileage does it have?
>
> I might take a look at it if you still have it after Dec. 7th, assuming
> that I come back to Texas from Hawaii.
> The thought of staying there for a year or two is kind of appealing, and
> there is very little holding me here in Texas right now.
>
> Pat

It has 114,000, pretty nice and clean, considering it is 1991, you are
welcome to come look at it anytime, I am sure I will have it in
December, anyway this is what I found. copy/paste the following link
in your brwoser
http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...a=-1&mi=114000

My email is:

Abid
Abid
Old November 23rd 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Pat, The only thing holding you in Texas, is the price of living in
Hawaii.

Bruce Bing '03 LS