SO, GTL? Starforce cause hard reboots?

Old August 18th 05, 03:07 AM
Sting32

Default SO, GTL? Starforce cause hard reboots?

Yes I have tried this treasure, it doesn't crash to desktop, it does not
whine about any of my apps (I did shut down Daemon toolz), long ago removed
cdspace. Yet we simply crash hell hard to BIOS screen with a 'device driver
but we're not sure which one or why" from XP Pro's error reporting tool

Last driver for gfx (geforce6600gt) that I installed was the ones that came
with Battle Field 2 demo, is that what the problem might be? or is the
Star-farce? seems a pity that they couldn't just tell me it didn't want to
install or run if my app offended so much, I did install GTR demo, it ran
fine.

Ill try gfx update, hope I can play other games after this, the new drivers
liked to kill NR03 IMHO from 96 fps to 40 at same settings...

Old August 18th 05, 03:25 AM
Sting32

Updated drivers, still no joy, crash (hard reset as if you pressed the
button) or unplugged from wall...

NICE!!!!

Old August 18th 05, 03:52 AM
Doug Hook

same problem here. random reboots. game is nice though

t...

Old August 18th 05, 04:19 AM
Sting32

I dont get to see jack...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

tried all slider positions, got newest driver, I guess the 6600gt is a POS
gfx card?

Old August 18th 05, 04:43 AM
Tanstaafl

Same here. Installed and uninstalled twice, including Starforce,and it
reboots as soon as I try to launch. Also varied settings in graphics
config. GTR still works fine.

t...

Old August 18th 05, 05:30 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Tanstaafl" > wrote in message
. ..
> Same here. Installed and uninstalled twice, including Starforce,and it
> reboots as soon as I try to launch. Also varied settings in graphics
> config. GTR still works fine.

There is a program that completely uninstalls starforce drivers, if that's
what you have to end up doing. I'm not sure what that will do to GTR. My
guess is you'll have to reinsert the disk and it will reinstall the drivers.

You might try that. Where this utility is, I don't know. But I know it
exists.

Whatever the case, your system's video drivers probably need to be flushed
out, also. There are tools that get rid of all vestiges of old drivers.

Those are the first two things I would do, if you want to run the demo.

Alanb

Old August 18th 05, 07:27 AM
reggie white

Best thing to do is avoid another Simbin piece of trash. Bin indeed.
Old August 18th 05, 07:45 AM
Tony Rickard

Tanstaafl wrote:
> Same here. Installed and uninstalled twice, including Starforce,and it
> reboots as soon as I try to launch. Also varied settings in graphics
> config. GTR still works fine.

Avast was causing the problem for me. Disabling it worked straight away.
Never had the same problem with GTR though.

Tony
Old August 18th 05, 12:08 PM
Edgecrusher

Wait till the game is released without starforce then download it.

Its almost as if that's what the developers want you to do.

Steve

"Military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"

Old August 18th 05, 01:21 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:30:23 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

>There is a program that completely uninstalls starforce drivers, if that's
>what you have to end up doing. I'm not sure what that will do to GTR. My
>guess is you'll have to reinsert the disk and it will reinstall the drivers.
>
>You might try that. Where this utility is, I don't know. But I know it
>exists.
>
>Whatever the case, your system's video drivers probably need to be flushed
>out, also. There are tools that get rid of all vestiges of old drivers.
>
>Those are the first two things I would do, if you want to run the demo.
>

>Alanb

Read the demo readme, it tells you what file to run to remove
Starforce.

What to do with the soft top hardware when reinstalling the hard top? [email protected] Jeep 5 April 19th 05 04:22 PM
Hard starting problem dodge 360 [email protected] Technology 9 March 20th 05 11:57 PM
90 FORD F150 PICKUP STARTS HARD, THEN DIES websthes Technology 1 December 26th 04 10:39 PM
switching hard dog rollbars pws Mazda 0 November 18th 04 11:03 PM
Starforce Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 17th 04 11:55 PM