2000 VW Bug check engine light.

Old November 21st 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
JW[_1_]

Default 2000 VW Bug check engine light.

My Yellow Check Engine light has just recently come on. Are there any
basic things I can do/change before I take the car to the dealer to rip
me off ?

Many Thanks.

Old November 21st 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

"JW" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My Yellow Check Engine light has just recently come on. Are there any
> basic things I can do/change before I take the car to the dealer to rip
> me off ?
>
> Many Thanks.

Open the boot & check where the engine has gone,
alternatively, post on watercooled newsgroup, you wont get much help for
anything under 20 years old here...

Ta

James

Old November 21st 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

"Michael Cecil" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:53:16 -0000, "Juper Wort" >
> wrote:
>

> >"JW" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >> My Yellow Check Engine light has just recently come on. Are there any
> >> basic things I can do/change before I take the car to the dealer to rip
> >> me off ?
> >>
> >> Many Thanks.
> >>

> >Open the boot & check where the engine has gone,
> >alternatively, post on watercooled newsgroup, you wont get much help for
> >anything under 20 years old here...

> Now now, I thought the last air-cooled bug rolled off the line in 2003.
> --

true, but nothing would have fallen off/rusted yet....