After market Stereo for 2001 Odyssey - recos?

Old June 22nd 05, 09:56 PM
Mike

Default After market Stereo for 2001 Odyssey - recos?

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a brand/model of stereo that would work for a 2001
Odyssey? Has anyone replaced one themselves? Our stereo just died and
the stealership says it needs to be replaced, apparently something shorted
inside. The problem is that the parking lights don't always turn off,
sometimes they remain on and it is supposedly caused by the "shorted" stereo
system.

Thanks,

Mike

Old June 23rd 05, 04:04 AM
chip

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:56:50 GMT, "Mike" >
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Can anyone recommend a brand/model of stereo that would work for a 2001
>Odyssey? Has anyone replaced one themselves? Our stereo just died and
>the stealership says it needs to be replaced, apparently something shorted
>inside. The problem is that the parking lights don't always turn off,
>sometimes they remain on and it is supposedly caused by the "shorted" stereo
>system.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

the security system includes the stereo, so depending on what you put
in it may or may not work still.
Chip
Old June 23rd 05, 03:41 PM
motsco_ _

Mike wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend a brand/model of stereo that would work for a 2001
> Odyssey? Has anyone replaced one themselves? Our stereo just died and
> the stealership says it needs to be replaced, apparently something shorted
> inside. The problem is that the parking lights don't always turn off,
> sometimes they remain on and it is supposedly caused by the "shorted" stereo
> system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

---------------------

Phone around to the wrecking yards. They have a computer network that
will find you one locally. There are also some good Honda stereos on
eBay. I have the instructions in pdf format to swap one. Just be aware
that you'll want the security code (for most models)

'Curly'

Old June 24th 05, 03:23 AM
chip

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:41:06 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> chip > wrote:
>
>> >Can anyone recommend a brand/model of stereo that would work for a 2001
>> >Odyssey? Has anyone replaced one themselves? Our stereo just died and
>> >the stealership says it needs to be replaced, apparently something shorted
>> >inside. The problem is that the parking lights don't always turn off,
>> >sometimes they remain on and it is supposedly caused by the "shorted" stereo
>> >system.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Mike
>> >

>> the security system includes the stereo,

>That was the case on some older Civics (but not any more); it was never
>the case on the Accords, and I don't believe it's the case on the
>Accord-based Odyssey.
>
>http://www.odyclub.com has many, many, many members who have swapped out
>stereos.

on the 1998-2002 accords if the factory stereo is removed the keyless
will work but secutity not unless some wiring is done.
Chip
Old June 24th 05, 06:53 PM
Mike

Curly,

Thanks. I was thinking of getting something from Crutchfields, they have
adapters for the Odyssey (supposedly).

Where did you get your instructions from? Would you be able to send the
pdf file my way?

Thanks,

Mike

Old June 25th 05, 06:13 AM
motsco_ _

Mike wrote:
> Curly,
>
> Thanks. I was thinking of getting something from Crutchfields, they have
> adapters for the Odyssey (supposedly).
>
> Where did you get your instructions from? Would you be able to send the
> pdf file my way?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

They are from an '04, I think . . I'll send them
-