car starts runs 5-10 seconds

Old May 9th 05, 11:34 PM
terry l demerchant

Default car starts runs 5-10 seconds

I have a 1993 chrysler new yorker that I ran the battery down and the theft
prevention operated, I followed the manflurers instruction to shut the alarm
of, and jump start the car. It now starts and runs for 5-10 seconds then
shuts off.(no trouble codes show on the computer) It will rlun a little
longer if I pumpp the accelerator, sas if it is not getting fuel through the
injectors-any suggestions/thanks

Old May 9th 05, 11:56 PM
maxpower

"terry l demerchant" > wrote in message
> I have a 1993 chrysler new yorker that I ran the battery down and the

theft
> prevention operated, I followed the manflurers instruction to shut the

alarm
> of, and jump start the car. It now starts and runs for 5-10 seconds then
> shuts off.(no trouble codes show on the computer) It will rlun a little
> longer if I pumpp the accelerator, sas if it is not getting fuel through

the
> injectors-any suggestions/thanks

did you lock and unlock both passenger side and drivers side door with the
key?

Old May 10th 05, 05:31 PM
maxpower

Old May 10th 05, 05:53 PM
TNKEV

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> >
> > "terry l demerchant" > wrote in message
> > > I have a 1993 chrysler new yorker that I ran the battery down and the

> > theft
> > > prevention operated, I followed the manflurers instruction to shut the

> > alarm
> > > of, and jump start the car. It now starts and runs for 5-10 seconds

> then
> > > shuts off.(no trouble codes show on the computer) It will rlun a

little
> > > longer if I pumpp the accelerator, sas if it is not getting fuel

through
> > the
> > > injectors-any suggestions/thanks
> > >

> > did you lock and unlock both passenger side and drivers side door with

the
> > key?
> >

> > Yes, locked and unlocked both doors/no help/thanks

Sounds to me like he needs a throttle body cleaning if he can make it run
longer by pumping the gas pedal,PCM loses the memory after battery
replacement type situation,watcha think Mr. Beasley

Old May 10th 05, 07:36 PM
maxpower

"TNKEV" > wrote in message

> "maxpower" > wrote in message

the
> > > theft

the
> > > alarm

> > then

> little

> through
> > > the
> > > >

> > > did you lock and unlock both passenger side and drivers side door with

> the
> > > key?
> > >

> > > Yes, locked and unlocked both doors/no help/thanks

Sure, if he can keep it running with the throttle blade cracked open, But
when the OP states the theft prevention operated, that tells me that his
security lite is on and killing the engine.
I have seen this alot, people don't use there security system any more and
when the battery craps out, they try to disarm it, it doesn't work cause the
switches are no good...time will tell if the OP resubmits

Old May 10th 05, 08:08 PM
TNKEV

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> "TNKEV" > wrote in message

> the

> the

seconds
> > > then

> > little

> > through

with
> > the

I just had one(Grand Cherokee) yesterday that the throttle body was very
dirty and it wouldn't stay running after the battery was replaced and we
cleaned the throttle body out in the parking lot and it started fine.
but you are correct I have seen both situations.