another 156 cambelt thread...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11th 04, 08:39 PM
Alfistagj

"Paul" > schreef in bericht

> I will see how the Alfa GT fairs you never know I may return, I still like
> the Alfa allot I think once they get in your Blood they never really

leave,
> its just a shame the dealerships are crap and the residuals are poor.
>
> Paul

From what I hear the Alfa orginazation in the UK is now managed by a guy who
has a very good track record in SERVICE.
Let's hope he gets the UK dealers on the road again.
See you back then!!
In Holland we had the same problem, but in my opinion the dealers are not
the primary source of the problem, but the Alfa importer (Fiat). They have
put crazy and unrealistic sales targets on them so in the end they never met
the goals so no end year bonusses etc. Then the dealers start slipping!

The situation overhere is better than 3-4 years ago. Dealers are supported
better by Fiat/Alfa and recently a rumor came up that Fiat would stop
importing Alfa themselves in 2005.
They are to be "giving" that to the present Ferrari/Maserati importer!!!!
I just traded my 156SW in on a new GT 2.0JTS
In August 2000 I paid Dfl 55000 (now euro 24.950) and have a trade in at 1
October, the delivery date of the GT, of euro 12.000; a deperciation in 50
months of euro 12.950 or slightly under 51%
Not bad from new!
I have seen friends with BMW/Audi/VW/Merc with worse %-ages; not to talk
about the actual euro's (depreciation end interest!!) they lost with their
(much) higher prices when they bought the cars.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)