"Frenzy" Style Bars and Saddlebag

Old May 9th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default "Frenzy" Style Bars and Saddlebag

Has anyone had any experience with this company and it's products? I
know there are a lot of these types of bars in the market, and I'd like
to buy a well-made, well-fitting one. The plus with this company is
that it is based outside of Milwaukee, and not too far from where I
live (so I wouldn't have to pay for freight).

The website is http://www.frenzybars.com/index.html. They look to be
nice bars, and the saddlebag looks pretty nice as well. Any
comments/input would be appreciated!

Old May 10th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Tom" > wrote:

>Has anyone had any experience with this company and it's products? I
>know there are a lot of these types of bars in the market, and I'd like
>to buy a well-made, well-fitting one. The plus with this company is
>that it is based outside of Milwaukee, and not too far from where I
>live (so I wouldn't have to pay for freight).
>
>The website is http://www.frenzybars.com/index.html. They look to be
>nice bars, and the saddlebag looks pretty nice as well. Any
>comments/input would be appreciated!

They could provide the installation procedures online. The brand name on
the bars could have been provided more discretely.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old May 10th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

fwiw, i have looked at their offerings before and here's my 2¢... they offer
some bars that require no cutting to install, however those bars also offer
no added safety. they are strickly for show. they do offer some bars that
provide added safety but those require cutting too. i think i have seen
this dealer also sell on ebay where you may or may not get a better price
than their web site.

oups.com...

Old May 10th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I helped a guy in our Miata club install one of those bars. It was
really easy. Maybe an hour. Although I didn't particularly care for
the looks of it, he likes it very much. It installs with the OEM
windstop in place. No cutting is necessary. Instructions aren't
really necessary either. It's pretty obvious how everything bolts up.
I think we did have a little issue with the bolt arrangement for the
seat belts but we worked around it.

Old May 10th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Their stuff is very inexpensive and looks to be of good quality but I'd love
to hear from someone that's lived with it awhile to see how it holds up. I
especially like how they give you progressively better prices as you add
more items. I think it's smart of them and seems a better than usual deal
for the buyer too.

Chris
99BBB