Evaporator Jeep XJ

Old June 20th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
EIEIO

Default Evaporator Jeep XJ

Just had the evaporator and heater block replaced 00' XJ. $525. The guy
literally had to ripout the dash etc. Took him over 8 hours. Freezing
now but just noticed AC or heat won't blow out under the dash, only from
vents or defrost! I'm gonna take it back but do you think he'll have to
go through all of this again to correct it? Is there some flap/door down
there? Electric, cable? Just wondering as i'm really not too excited on
a second dashboard surgery. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Old June 21st 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
EIEIO

So they probably had to pull the dash again? This is a local shop. He's
not gonna be too happy. Will he try to charge me???

Old June 21st 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

yes, if the cruise control also quit, it is a leaky vacuum line between the
canister up by the grill or in that line someplace. repair the vacumn line
and all is well.

Hello, EIEIO!
You wrote on Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:34:03 -0500:

E> Just had the evaporator and heater block replaced 00' XJ. $525. The guy
E> literally had to ripout the dash etc. Took him over 8 hours. Freezing
E> now but just noticed AC or heat won't blow out under the dash, only from
E> vents or defrost! I'm gonna take it back but do you think he'll have to
E> go through all of this again to correct it? Is there some flap/door down
E> there? Electric, cable? Just wondering as i'm really not too excited on
E> a second dashboard surgery. Any thoughts? Thank you!

With best regards, . E-mail:

Old June 27th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
EIEIO

Fixed today by mechanic, no hassle. Just a flap or door under the right
side of dash. Blows great now...and SUPER cold too!
At 55000 miles i just got it ready for many more miles. New axle
u-joints, rear brakes, AC evaporater replaced, new heater core, all
fluids changed including 4x4 and cooling. And a nice new set of BFG AT
KO's from Costco!
Or...what i did with my tax return!

93 Cav. Wheres Evaporator? [email protected] Technology 1 August 26th 06 08:02 PM
CJ7 Evaporator canister jeepguymike Jeep 7 June 1st 06 03:45 PM
Checking out the Evaporator. Tim Dodge 1 January 25th 06 09:02 PM
a/c evaporator on Intrepid justlarry Chrysler 1 August 12th 05 12:12 AM
96 Caravan A/C evaporator gad Dodge 2 July 16th 05 10:50 PM