Class Action Lawsuit against Jeep for 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees

Old December 4th 04, 12:46 AM
Mark12211

Default Class Action Lawsuit against Jeep for 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...12/detail.html

Another Grand Cherokee Class Action Suit Forming Against DaimlerChrysler -
posted 11/24/2004

KCTV5.com out of Kansas City is reporting that a new class action suit is being
formed for owners of 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees. Here's the details:

If you own a Jeep Grand Cherokee, you may have some money coming to you.

Class action lawsuits were filed Monday in Jackson and Johnson counties
alleging DaimlerChrysler hid information about defective front brakes on model
years 1999 through 2004.

For more information, contact Lenexa lawyer Michael Hodges at 913-888-7100.

Here's the link to the KCTV5.com story.

TheKansasCityChannel.com indicates that the lawsuit it only open to residents
of Kansas and Missouri only:

The lawsuits allege that after as little as 5,000 miles, the steering wheel and
front wheels "shake" and that drivers encounter severe vibrations through the
steering wheel, floor, seat and pedals when the brakes are applied.

DaimlerChrysler has never issued a recall for a problem with the front brakes.

The lawsuits seek to force the carmaker to reimburse Kansas and Missouri
residents for all costs spent repairing the brakes.

Check out the entire article here.

TheKansasCityChannel.com - News - Firm Files Class-Action Lawsuit Over Brakes
On Jeeps
Old December 4th 04, 01:04 AM
Joseph P

Mark12211 wrote:
| http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...12/detail.html
|
| Another Grand Cherokee Class Action Suit Forming Against
| DaimlerChrysler - posted 11/24/2004
|
| KCTV5.com out of Kansas City is reporting that a new class action
| suit is being formed for owners of 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees.
| Here's the details:
|

| If you own a Jeep Grand Cherokee, you may have some money coming
| to you.
|
| Class action lawsuits were filed Monday in Jackson and Johnson
| counties alleging DaimlerChrysler hid information about defective
| front brakes on model years 1999 through 2004.
|
| For more information, contact Lenexa lawyer Michael Hodges at
| 913-888-7100.
|

| Here's the link to the KCTV5.com story.
|
| TheKansasCityChannel.com indicates that the lawsuit it only open
| to residents of Kansas and Missouri only:
|

| The lawsuits allege that after as little as 5,000 miles, the
| steering wheel and front wheels "shake" and that drivers
| encounter severe vibrations through the steering wheel, floor,
| seat and pedals when the brakes are applied.
|
| DaimlerChrysler has never issued a recall for a problem with the
| front brakes.
|
| The lawsuits seek to force the carmaker to reimburse Kansas and
| Missouri residents for all costs spent repairing the brakes.
|

| Check out the entire article here.
|

| TheKansasCityChannel.com - News - Firm Files Class-Action Lawsuit
| Over Brakes On Jeeps

Hid brake problems....funny, I knew about it, so did the dealer when my
parents took theirs in. It is such a problem, the dealer did the job as
warranty work, and didn't even charge for labor. Of course, that is in
Ohio.

--
Disclaimer: A large chunk of the preceding was, in its entirety,
written by the wisest of mules.

http://www.****inggoogleit.com/

JEGP
NC, USA

MSN:JEGP AOL:JEGP

Old December 4th 04, 01:04 AM
Joseph P

Old December 4th 04, 01:51 AM
SoK66

"Mark12211" > wrote in message
> http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...12/detail.html
>
> Another Grand Cherokee Class Action Suit Forming Against DaimlerChrysler -
> posted 11/24/2004
>
> KCTV5.com out of Kansas City is reporting that a new class action suit is
> being
> formed for owners of 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees. Here's the details:
>

> If you own a Jeep Grand Cherokee, you may have some money coming to you.
>
> Class action lawsuits were filed Monday in Jackson and Johnson counties
> alleging DaimlerChrysler hid information about defective front brakes on
> model
> years 1999 through 2004.
>
> For more information, contact Lenexa lawyer Michael Hodges at
> 913-888-7100.
>

> Here's the link to the KCTV5.com story.
>
> TheKansasCityChannel.com indicates that the lawsuit it only open to
> residents
> of Kansas and Missouri only:
>

> The lawsuits allege that after as little as 5,000 miles, the steering
> wheel and
> front wheels "shake" and that drivers encounter severe vibrations through
> the
> steering wheel, floor, seat and pedals when the brakes are applied.
>
> DaimlerChrysler has never issued a recall for a problem with the front
> brakes.
>
> The lawsuits seek to force the carmaker to reimburse Kansas and Missouri
> residents for all costs spent repairing the brakes.
>

> Check out the entire article here.
>

> TheKansasCityChannel.com - News - Firm Files Class-Action Lawsuit Over
> Brakes
> On Jeeps

Yep, well known problem on WJs. My '01 (traded off last summer) started
chattering at about 7k, the dealer replaced the fromt rotors, calipers &
pads FOC under warranty. No campaign as it's likely not a safety issue. Now,
my neighbor also has an 01 with the same problem, but about 60k miles. The
dealer wanted to charge him over $700k for the repair. He passed. We plan to
just wswap out the rotors & pads, using aftermarket iron rotors, not the DC
composit crap, which is the root of problem.

Old December 4th 04, 01:51 AM
SoK66

Old December 4th 04, 03:39 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

There may be an alignment problem with the calipers, too.
Otherwise, why would they replace them under warranty, too?
http://www.billhughes.com/WJCaliber.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old December 4th 04, 03:39 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Old December 4th 04, 04:38 AM
SoK66

I'm not sure about the caliper alignment, but the one's they installed are
of a newer design. When I complained about it my dealer Service Manager took
it in immediately and swapped them out. He said it's a campaign and covered
by a DC TSB. (Not sure the number). I think '02 MY was the change point for
the newer caliper design for WJs, not sure.

I had a small amount of chatter return after they changed them out but never
bothered to go after it any longer as I planned to trade the thing off
anyway. FWIW, that was the only problem I had with it in over 20k miles, it
was a great vehicle for what I needed at the time. Sorry to see what they've
done to the new one.

Old December 4th 04, 04:38 AM
SoK66

Old December 4th 04, 09:51 PM
Bob Casanova

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:51:18 -0700, the following appeared in
rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "SoK66"
>:

<snip>

At $700k I think I'd pass too... ;-)

>The
>dealer wanted to charge him over $700k for the repair. He passed.

<snip>

--

Bob C.

Reply to Bob-Casanova @ worldnet.att.net