Slightly Rough Running V-8 - '93 JGC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 23rd 05, 07:38 PM
Dick

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:29:08 -0500, "DougW"
> wrote:

>Dick did pass the time by typing:
>
>> I don't have a scan tool, but the self test codes are 12, 34 and 55.

>12 - not an issue, just the battery having been off sometime in the last 50 starts
>
>34 - An open or shorted condition detected in the Speed Control vacuum
> or vent solenoid circuits. Speed control switch input below the
> minimum acceptable voltage.
>
>55 - end of codes
>
>So, 34:
>
>The speed servo uses the common engine ground. So, you could have a problem
>with the engine ground strap or the battery to frame ground jumper. Is the hiccup
>occuring when you have cruise control on (even the button in even if you haven't
>pressed set).
>
>Another thing to look at are the engine mounts. These are for the I6 but the idea
>is similar. Shot motor mounts will make the engine run rough (or at least make
>it act that way) http://revbeergoggles.com/motormount/

I know the battery ground is good. It was changed recently when a new
battery was put in. I also depend greatly on that connection for my
ham radio installation. Engine and trans mounts were replaced at
82,000 miles. Problem just comes and goes with no apparent
relationship to anything. Doesn't matter if cruise is on or off, but
more noticeable with it off as you have your foot on the throttle.

Dick

1973 280SEL 4.5 running rough Alex Technology 2 May 21st 05 04:24 PM
Rough running cj Big Don Jeep 3 March 12th 05 04:22 PM
156 1.8 rough running problems Joe Fox Alfa Romeo 1 January 30th 05 11:41 PM
E36 318i, Running rough yvette dickerson BMW 2 January 6th 05 07:13 PM
Rough running T T Lee Jordan Audi 2 August 1st 04 11:09 AM