147 pedals

Old August 23rd 04, 09:59 PM
Tim Harrison

Default 147 pedals

Hi,

The rubber cover fell off my 147's clutch pedal a couple of weeks ago so I
went into my local dealer to ask about a replacement. While there I thought
I would see if any stylish aluminium/steel pedals were available as a more
robust alternative and I was a bit shocked to find out that none were (the
parts chap was as well). Does anyone know of any aftermarket items that
will fit?

Cheers,

Tim

Old August 23rd 04, 10:02 PM
Catman

Tim Harrison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The rubber cover fell off my 147's clutch pedal a couple of weeks ago so I
> went into my local dealer to ask about a replacement. While there I
> thought I would see if any stylish aluminium/steel pedals were available
> as a more robust alternative and I was a bit shocked to find out that none
> were (the
> parts chap was as well). Does anyone know of any aftermarket items that
> will fit?

Unless there is something very odd about them, I should think that most
universal ones will do.

Try your local Halfrauds if you can bear it, or failing that, get a Demon
Tweeks catalogue.

Personally I am very fond of my Sparco pedals in the V6, but they are
'profesional' parts, are bolted to the old pedals.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old August 23rd 04, 11:22 PM
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> Tim Harrison wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The rubber cover fell off my 147's clutch pedal a couple of weeks ago so I
> > went into my local dealer to ask about a replacement. While there I
> > thought I would see if any stylish aluminium/steel pedals were available
> > as a more robust alternative and I was a bit shocked to find out that none
> > were (the
> > parts chap was as well). Does anyone know of any aftermarket items that
> > will fit?
> >

> Unless there is something very odd about them, I should think that most
> universal ones will do.
>
> Try your local Halfrauds if you can bear it, or failing that, get a Demon
> Tweeks catalogue.
>
> Personally I am very fond of my Sparco pedals in the V6, but they are
> 'profesional' parts, are bolted to the old pedals.

I wouldn't go anywhere near aftermarket bolt on tat like that.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old August 24th 04, 06:48 AM
Catman

SteveH wrote:

> Catman > wrote:
>
>> Tim Harrison wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The rubber cover fell off my 147's clutch pedal a couple of weeks ago
>> > so I
>> > went into my local dealer to ask about a replacement. While there I
>> > thought I would see if any stylish aluminium/steel pedals were
>> > available as a more robust alternative and I was a bit shocked to find
>> > out that none were (the
>> > parts chap was as well). Does anyone know of any aftermarket items
>> > that will fit?
>> >

>> Unless there is something very odd about them, I should think that most
>> universal ones will do.
>>
>> Try your local Halfrauds if you can bear it, or failing that, get a Demon
>> Tweeks catalogue.
>>
>> Personally I am very fond of my Sparco pedals in the V6, but they are
>> 'profesional' parts, are bolted to the old pedals.

> I wouldn't go anywhere near aftermarket bolt on tat like that.

Sparco are hardly tat mate. They are rather bigger than the original
pedals, which suits the size of my feet, and have far better grip than the
silly rubbers that it used to have.

Old August 24th 04, 01:16 PM
Gareth Tuckwell

I saw some on e-bay the other day

Old August 24th 04, 05:40 PM
Ross

"Tim Harrison" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The rubber cover fell off my 147's clutch pedal a couple of weeks ago so I
> went into my local dealer to ask about a replacement. While there I

thought
> I would see if any stylish aluminium/steel pedals were available as a more
> robust alternative and I was a bit shocked to find out that none were (the
> parts chap was as well). Does anyone know of any aftermarket items that
> will fit?

'Aluminium sports pedal kit', no. 50900618, is listed in the 147 accessories
brochure (UK). I've had the brochure about a year, but think it's still
current.

If I remember correctly, the 147 GTA has aluminium pedals as standard, but
don't know it they are a straight swop.

Regards
Ross

Old August 24th 04, 07:44 PM
Alfistagj

Try Autodelta, Madeno, Zender, Alfisti.net
Official (or better, correctly fitting) Alfa stuf
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Tim Harrison" > schreef in bericht