'98 Blazer cranks, difficult starting when cold

Old January 6th 04, 01:13 AM
Jeff Stapleton

Default '98 Blazer cranks, difficult starting when cold

.... I suspect injection issues...

- Symptoms started without warning
- Cold temps 30 degrees or less
- Blazer sitting for a couple days without being started
- Fuel pump runs for 2 seconds when ignition is on and stops correctly
- Plenty of spark
- I don't know the fuel pressure
- About 96K on the clock

If I mash the throttle to the floor I can get the engine to start and
it behaves like its way rich, so I'm wondering about a leaking fuel
pressure regulator or something, though all the searches I've
performed seem to discuss CPI and this is an SFI (SPI?) system I
believe.

Once started and running smoothly it will the restart without issues
until sitting overnight. Not 100% sure it's temperature related
because this was noticed only yesterday.

I'm not fond of bringing vehicles to a mechanic unless I'm at the end
of my rope, so advice as to procedure is very welcome!

Thanks,

Jeff