Caravan Autolocking doors???

Old August 3rd 04, 09:20 PM
Wulfdog

Default Caravan Autolocking doors???

Anyone know how to stop a 2003 Dodge caravan from autolocking its doors when
you start down the road. I also have access to a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport
that does the same thing. This is really anoying. Is there some way to
disconnect this?

Thanks in advance.

John

Old August 3rd 04, 11:01 PM
James C. Reeves

"Wulfdog" > wrote in message
| Anyone know how to stop a 2003 Dodge caravan from autolocking its doors when
| you start down the road. I also have access to a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport
| that does the same thing. This is really anoying. Is there some way to
| disconnect this?
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| John

I don't believe that that is owner programmable...I'd check the owner's manual
to be sure. BTW: they will automatically unlock after it senses a accident has
occurred.

Old August 3rd 04, 11:01 PM
James C. Reeves

Old August 4th 04, 06:48 AM
Steve W.

Look in the manual, it will tell you how to change it.

--
Steve

Old August 4th 04, 06:48 AM
Steve W.

Old August 4th 04, 03:03 PM
Wulfdog

Thanks Steve and James.

I wasn't in fear of them not unlocking during a wreck. I use a wheelchair
and am always having to unlock them to get the chair out of the middle door
and close the drivers door before I think to unlock all the doors. It is
agrivating because there is not key lock on the side door to use, so I have
to re-open the drivers door and hit the electric lock switch. I guess I'm
just lazy.

John

Old August 4th 04, 03:03 PM
Wulfdog

Old August 10th 04, 01:01 AM
PAPAGENE4JACK

Wulfdog before you program that feature out which is very easy to do (,it
tells you in the manual,) think about the safety issue. I have a new 04
and i think its the greatest feature on the van. there are 5 doors your
stopped at a light or intersection and you forgot to lock the doors you
now have an open invitation to a undesirable trying to get into your van
I feel real secure when wife or kids are driving that van that the
doors are always locked. Especially in this day and age
Regards papa

Old August 13th 04, 03:45 AM
ldenn2

The owners manual for mine tells how to stop the doors from locking