Weak spots in a 2000 A4 quattro?

Old August 4th 04, 06:35 PM
Dano

Default Weak spots in a 2000 A4 quattro?

I'm about to buy an early-2000 A4 Avant 2.5 TDI Quattro. What are commonly
known weak spots to look for or check for this car? It has run about 85k
miles. Any others comments/expierences on this car are welcome as well! 've
read some great reviews on it, but would like to know if there are some
negatives as well.

Dan

Old August 5th 04, 04:47 AM
Jesper Giovanni

In ,
Dano > typed:
> I'm about to buy an early-2000 A4 Avant 2.5 TDI Quattro. What are
> commonly known weak spots to look for or check for this car? It has
> run about 85k miles. Any others comments/expierences on this car are
> welcome as well! 've read some great reviews on it, but would like to
> know if there are some negatives as well.

The 2,5 TDi was known for blowing the top, because of some
lubrication-problems when the car was standing idle.
A lot of cab-drivers drove this model in Denmark in the beginning, and they
had severe problems.
Normally, when i talk TDi´s with fellow Audi-people, they recommend
potential buyers to stay away from the 2,5 TDi.

--
Gio

spark plus type GTV 2000 1974 Tal Alfa Romeo 3 October 8th 04 02:13 PM
mpg for a quattro? Dano Audi 3 August 3rd 04 06:49 PM
2001 Audi TT Quattro FOR SALE Gary Audi 0 June 14th 04 03:46 PM
WTB: Audi TT Quattro Avatar Audi 0 June 7th 04 09:44 PM