99 T&C Windnoise

Old November 27th 04, 03:23 PM
Dan

Default 99 T&C Windnoise

Would anyone know if there is a best position for the roofrack bars to cut
down on wind noise.I have not had much luck with mine.Maybe it is the nature
of the beast.Thanks in advance. Dan

Old November 27th 04, 04:20 PM
maxpower

if the roof rack crossbars were installed backwards, you will get lots of
noise, there should be arrows under both of them stating which way is
towards the front, but we always keep them in the back of the vehicle when
we prep em
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old November 27th 04, 04:20 PM
maxpower

Old November 27th 04, 04:40 PM
Matt Whiting

maxpower wrote:

> if the roof rack crossbars were installed backwards, you will get lots of
> noise, there should be arrows under both of them stating which way is
> towards the front, but we always keep them in the back of the vehicle when
> we prep em
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech
> "Dan" > wrote in message
>
>>Would anyone know if there is a best position for the roofrack bars to cut
>>down on wind noise.I have not had much luck with mine.Maybe it is the

> nature
>
>>of the beast.Thanks in advance. Dan

My 03 Caravan has position arrows on the roof rack rails that shows
which position the front and rear cross bars should be in to minimize
noise when they aren't being used to carry anthing.

Matt

Old November 27th 04, 04:40 PM
Matt Whiting

Old November 27th 04, 07:47 PM
Denny

"Dan" > wrote in message
> Would anyone know if there is a best position for the roofrack bars to cut
> down on wind noise.I have not had much luck with mine.Maybe it is the
> nature of the beast.Thanks in advance. Dan

My '02 T&C has no wind noise at all from the cross bars since they're laying
in the rafters of my garage. And the best thing is that the wife didn't even
notice them missing for almost two years... She could still see the rails on
either side but never noticed the cross bars missing. Plus it's a bunch
easier washing and waxing the roof without them.

Denny

Old November 27th 04, 07:47 PM
Denny

Old November 27th 04, 08:38 PM
mic canic

as rear ward as possible and they do make nosie esp. on crosswinds

Old November 27th 04, 08:38 PM
mic canic