Replacing Master-Cylinder twice

Old June 3rd 05, 08:36 AM

Default Replacing Master-Cylinder twice

I got the break fluid leaking. I checked the mech they suggested
replace MC right away. I waited for other cheap deal and I got
the cheap deal by replacing a rebuilt one. It was OK two day.
No leaking appear. Then suddenly I looked at the underneath
of car I saw the big leaking. I checked the break fluid level
in two days not driving it and losing more fluid than before I
installed the rebuilt one. I was lucky to find out that the break
reservior is cracked at the bottom. Honda dealer does not carry
break reservior that I must order MC and reservior together in really
high price. I decided to get a used part from junk-yard, and I got it
while searching many junk-yards. But there is
a little different from cracked reservior to junk-yard one that
junk-yard reservior does not need a reservior seal. The seal
was built into it. I installed it reservior into MC. currently
no leaking for two days. Is not unually that break reservior
can be cracked and leaking out fluid?

Master Cylinder Questions Noice87 VW air cooled 5 May 6th 05 04:32 AM
dual ci6rcuit master brake cylinder JS VW air cooled 3 December 20th 04 02:42 PM
'97 Voyager - Brakes MamaB Dodge 20 December 6th 04 12:26 AM
67 beetle master cylinder spacer Hal VW air cooled 8 November 13th 04 03:17 AM
Master Cylinder - which part number should I use? Chuck Townsley VW air cooled 4 October 21st 04 03:55 PM