How to get three carseats in a Wrangler

Old June 2nd 05, 11:24 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I realize you're kidding us, by suggesting a car seat on the
passenger front seat. I think that's been against the law for over ten
years here in Kalifornia.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 3rd 05, 12:02 AM
Rusted

That can't be right. The new chevy trucks come with a key that will allow
the driver to disable the air bags allowing child seats in the front
passenger. I understand that if you order a wrangler without a rear seat DC
is required to put a similar switch in as well.

Old June 3rd 05, 12:18 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

There are exceptions. I believe Daimler stopped offering the
disconnect switch installation for litigious reasons:
http://www.daimlerchrysler.ca/EN/JEE...j_specs_05.pdf
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 3rd 05, 12:28 AM
Peter Pontbriand

I've got such a switch in my Canadian '02 Sport, and it came with a back
seat. The switch is handy for when I take my son along, leaving the back
seat at home.

/Peter

news

Old June 3rd 05, 02:40 AM
Rusted

Would the smokies in CA have issues with my 3 year old, in a car seat, in
the front of my 83 CJ? No airbags to worry about.

Along that topic, a sad topic. A few years back in a parking lot not far
from home. A mom had her kid in a car seat, in the front, and accidently
ran over a parking baricade (the short 6" type). Well it set off the air
bag and nearly decapitated her child. It was a tramatic event for sure, who
would think that would ever happen to "them". Air bags and kids don't mix
for sure, so don't get me wrong when I want to put my kid in the front of a
CJ.

Old June 3rd 05, 02:44 AM
John Davies

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:15:53 -0700, Jerry Bransford >
wrote:

>John, no BS, insurance industry actuarial data shows the Wrangler
>actually "safer than average" in terms of occupant protection and "less
>expensive than average" to repair after an accident. They are heavier
>than most cars, have a stronger frame than most cars (especially since
>few cars have frames anymore), and have a stronger body than most cars.
>
>The insurance website that actuarial information used to be on that I
>mentioned is, unfortunately, no longer online. But I referred people to
>it for several years when assuring them the Wrangler is a much safer
>vehicle than most would ever guess it to be. No jive, I was shocked
>myself when someone gave me the link to it. Too bad the link is dead now.

Sorry, I just don't buy that line. Maybe it's true compared to older
cars without side airbags and modern crumple zone engineering.

There is no way an open vehicle with old technology can match a modern
car with unibody and side airbags for opccupant protection.

I'm not saying the car would survive the hit better, but that the
injuries of the folks inside will be significantly less. If I had
triplets I would buy the safest car I could afford.

Wrangler:
http://www.internetautoguide.com/cra...ler/index.html

Saab 9-5:
http://www.internetautoguide.com/cra...9-5/index.html

John Davies
Old June 3rd 05, 03:08 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs46thru47.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 3rd 05, 03:22 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I believe everyone here would know that comparing these crash tests
where the test car just runs into a stationery object comparable to a
bride abutment, isn't real life. That's why so many choose gas guzzling
SUVs over imports like your Saab. Like if you saw this front-end:
http://www.billhughes.com/bronco4.jpg coming at you, it doesn't take
much intelligence to know you would be instantly going backwards at
about the same speed I hit you.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 3rd 05, 03:35 AM
Endo

I used to ride in my dad's '76 or so CJ that had a half top and bucket
seats. I sat in the middle on top of a 5 gallon bucket. I would have been
pretty hurt in an accident but all this **** is based on 'what ifs.' As far
as i'm concerned they can take their 'click it or ticket' and they can
'stick it and suck it'

No reason to **** all over everyone's parade just because it 'might' happen.
Hell I ride my motorcycle with no seatbelt yet sitting inside a metal cage
with airbags is less safe? C'mon...

Shawn

Old June 3rd 05, 12:01 PM
B a r r y

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> I realize you're kidding us, by suggesting a car seat on the
> passenger front seat. I think that's been against the law for over ten
> years here in Kalifornia.

Not if there's no back seat in many states. This is why Jeeps and
pickups have passenger airbag disable switches.

A baby seat can't be in a standard cab truck in CA?

Barry