Original TJ Body Mount Bolts

Old January 26th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Original TJ Body Mount Bolts

I'm planning on removing the 3" body lift from my 2002 Jeep TJ, and I
need a set of original TJ body mount bolts. I've only got one vehicle,
so removing the bolts and heading to the hardware store with them in
hand would be a headache, so I could really use one of the following
three things, in descending order of preference:

1) A link to someone who sells a new set of stock body mounting bolts
for a TJ, with or without new mounts. All the original height mount
kits I've found do not include the bolts.

2) Someone here who has a set of original TJ bolts they would be
willing to sell

3) A description of the bolts accurate enough I can take to a hardware
store and walk out with all the bolts I need.

Thanks!

Old January 26th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Consider taking ONE bolt off at the hardware store, take it inside, and
subtract 3" off of it.... Get the right bolt quality.

--
mark
www.hydrotoys.com

ups.com...

Old January 27th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That is what I started to type, but then questioned if all the bolts were
the same length. Also you could always buy them a little long, thread on a
nut, then cut to length. When you remove the nut it will help to clean the
threads again.

Old January 27th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I think you find you have to a lot improvising repairing the broken
out mounts.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 27th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Rusted wrote:
> That is what I started to type, but then questioned if all the bolts were
> the same length. Also you could always buy them a little long, thread on a
> nut, then cut to length. When you remove the nut it will help to clean the
> threads again.

I'm thinking there are two different sized bolts. I may end up making a
trip up to the local jeep dealership and spend some time talking to
their parts guy.

Thanks for the reply...

Old January 27th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Bill,

Why would the mounts be broken? The original installer just put the 3"
spacers on top of the original mounts. I can't image they are actually
damaged...

Old January 27th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

There are two different lengths, keep pulling bolts until you get two
different lengths then buy the 3" shorter replacements.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old January 27th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

He may want to know how many of each.

Earle

Old January 27th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Why not just stop by the parts counter at his local Jeep dealer and ask?

m...

Old January 27th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

billy ray wrote:
> Why not just stop by the parts counter at his local Jeep dealer and ask?
>

> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> m...
> > He may want to know how many of each.
> >
> > Earle
> >
> > "Jerry Bransford" > wrote in message
> >> There are two different lengths, keep pulling bolts until you get two
> >> different lengths then buy the 3" shorter replacements.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I was trying to avoid the
dealership, but it's not THAT painful. My choices had been to either
remove the body lift myself or trade the whole jeep in on a brand new
Rubicon. I'd hate to get to the dealership and see a shiny red Rubicon
on the lot, and be tempted beyond my ability to bear.

89 Cherokee broken sway bar mount bolts Mike Jeep 1 October 16th 05 10:36 PM
258 head swap? Steve G Jeep 8 October 4th 05 04:34 PM
B18 engine mount common failure question... TeGGer® Honda 1 March 15th 05 04:10 AM
Can a type 2 body be removed from the frame for body work? [email protected] VW air cooled 2 February 6th 05 12:49 AM
Body Shop Adviice James Sutherland Dodge 12 October 25th 04 08:56 PM