air con

Old July 15th 05, 02:28 PM
tate

Default air con

my air con is kicking in but the fan will not work it has been gased up &
there is power to the fan so all i'm getting is cold air somebody said it
mybe rear state but when i talket to bmw they did'nt seem to know what i
was going on about its a e39 1998 r geg 528i anybody with any ideas please

Old July 15th 05, 02:40 PM
Roger Matthews

"tate" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> my air con is kicking in but the fan will not work it has been gased up &
> there is power to the fan so all i'm getting is cold air somebody said it
> mybe rear state but when i talket to bmw they did'nt seem to know what i
> was going on about its a e39 1998 r geg 528i anybody with any ideas please

You probably need this-
12 64-11-6-923-204 FINAL STAGE UNIT 1 63.20

Roger>

Old July 15th 05, 03:37 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article outautos.com>,
tate > wrote:
> my air con is kicking in but the fan will not work it has been gased up
> & there is power to the fan so all i'm getting is cold air somebody said
> it mybe rear state but when i talket to bmw they did'nt seem to know
> what i was going on about its a e39 1998 r geg 528i anybody with any
> ideas please

Do you mean the fan(s) that blow air into the cabin?

If so, this works totally independently of the AC as it's used for heating
- or just fresh air. If it's not running at all, it's likely the final
stage resistor burnt out, and any dealer should have got this immediately
as it's a *very* common fault on an E39. Costs about 50 quid for the part
and is DIY possible, although slightly fiddly.

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old July 15th 05, 04:40 PM
CFL

Roger Matthews wrote:
> "tate" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
>
>>my air con is kicking in but the fan will not work it has been gased up &
>>there is power to the fan so all i'm getting is cold air somebody said it
>>mybe rear state but when i talket to bmw they did'nt seem to know what i
>>was going on about its a e39 1998 r geg 528i anybody with any ideas please

> You probably need this-
> 12 64-11-6-923-204 FINAL STAGE UNIT 1 63.20
>
> Roger>

Here is a link showing how to replace it. Takes about 5 minutes.

http://www.540i6.com/finalstagereplacement.html
Old July 15th 05, 05:43 PM
J Strickland

???

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 15th 05, 05:45 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
CFL > wrote:
> Here is a link showing how to replace it. Takes about 5 minutes.

Rather more on a RHD car.

--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Old July 15th 05, 06:03 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
J Strickland > wrote:
> ???

Don't know any teenagers? ;-)

--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

Old July 15th 05, 06:29 PM
J Strickland

I have two, but our public schools are apparently better than the ones this
person attended. I am truly confised by his (or her) post.

Old July 18th 05, 10:00 PM
Grant

"CFL" wrote in message

> Here is a link showing how to replace it. Takes about 5 minutes.

http://www.540i6.com/finalstagereplacement.html

Ha ha ha.

When my knuckles stop bleeding, I'll post the full story of the replacement