Problem Getting Deposit From Smythe Mercedes

Old October 25th 04, 04:24 AM
Threeducks

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Paul wrote:
>

>>Go in and ask for the manager. Tell his the story, and then say I feel
>>you should assist me in getting my refund. When they say "We will get
>>you a check cut right away" say thenks and then find yourself a chair
>>and sit in the middle of the show room and say "Thanks, I will wait".
>>You will surely get your check very quickly. By the way if anyone ask
>>why you are sitting in the middle of the show room, tell them. That
>>will speed up the process for sure.

> ...and if it doesn't, retreat and return with reinforcements. These
> reinforcements should take the form of three or four young children of
> approximately 4 to 7 years old, whom you have borrowed from friends. Pick
> up the kids, then swing by 7-Eleven and load 'em up with caffeinated soda
> and lots of candy, *then* head over to the dealer, turn the kids loose in
> the showroom and return to your chair to wait for the check.

As someone that has 3 four year old kids of my own, I can attest that
having them around gets results. If they get wild in a resturant, you
wouldn't believe how fast they can cook food and have it on your table,
or have the check to you. You aren't waiting any 20 minutes for your
Kung Pao Chicken, that's for sure. I might try bringing them with me
the next time I go to buy a car...
Old October 25th 04, 11:23 PM
Matt Whiting

Threeducks wrote:

> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Paul wrote:
>>

>>> Go in and ask for the manager. Tell his the story, and then say I feel
>>> you should assist me in getting my refund. When they say "We will get
>>> you a check cut right away" say thenks and then find yourself a chair
>>> and sit in the middle of the show room and say "Thanks, I will wait".
>>> You will surely get your check very quickly. By the way if anyone ask
>>> why you are sitting in the middle of the show room, tell them. That
>>> will speed up the process for sure.

>> ...and if it doesn't, retreat and return with reinforcements. These
>> reinforcements should take the form of three or four young children of
>> approximately 4 to 7 years old, whom you have borrowed from friends. Pick
>> up the kids, then swing by 7-Eleven and load 'em up with caffeinated soda
>> and lots of candy, *then* head over to the dealer, turn the kids loose in
>> the showroom and return to your chair to wait for the check.

> As someone that has 3 four year old kids of my own, I can attest that
> having them around gets results. If they get wild in a resturant, you
> wouldn't believe how fast they can cook food and have it on your table,
> or have the check to you. You aren't waiting any 20 minutes for your
> Kung Pao Chicken, that's for sure. I might try bringing them with me
> the next time I go to buy a car...

True, but I like my chicken cooked before I eat it! :-)

Matt

Old October 25th 04, 11:23 PM
Matt Whiting

Old October 29th 04, 03:04 AM
Gerard Gold

I just called the manager, Paul Aruba, about the deposit refund check. He
said he would talk to his admin/secretary again to follow up on the status
of the check, and I would be "welcome to pick it up here." ("Here" meaning
Smythe Mercedes). I'm holding my breath.

. net...

Old October 29th 04, 03:04 AM
Gerard Gold

Old October 29th 04, 03:04 PM
Chet Hayes

"Gerard Gold" > wrote in message news:<1zhgd.19135$HA.16413@attbi_s01>...
> I just called the manager, Paul Aruba, about the deposit refund check. He
> said he would talk to his admin/secretary again to follow up on the status
> of the check, and I would be "welcome to pick it up here." ("Here" meaning
> Smythe Mercedes). I'm holding my breath.
>
> "Tiger" > wrote in message
> . net...
> > Contact state consumer affair office...Take them to small claim court.

It amazes me no one has asked the most basic questions. Like:

1 - What was the agreement at the time the deposit was given?

2 - Was anything put into writing and signed? If so, what does it say
about the deposit?

3 - How was the deposit paid for? Check?

All of these are very important in determining if you're entitled to
the deposit back and whether you can prove you paid one. If the facts
are on your side, I suggest small claims court.
Old October 29th 04, 03:04 PM
Chet Hayes

Old October 30th 04, 03:07 PM
Gerard Gold

Paul Aruba's (the sales manager at Smythe) assistant - Dee Griffin - called
me yesterday & said she had sent out the check a long time ago. When I said
she couldn't possibly have a canceled check, since I had never received one
she said she would verify this, and then said it was still outstanding,
i.e., uncashed. Obviously, since I never received it at either my old or
current addresses.

I told her to put a stop on the check, and I would pick it up at the
dealership Monday or Tuesday next week. So it looks like it's finally going
to work out, two years after I started leaving voice mails requesting a
refund.

Anyway, I'll only be sure when I actually get it.

Gerard

om...

Old October 30th 04, 03:07 PM
Gerard Gold

Paul Aruba's (the sales manager at Smythe) assistant - Dee Griffin - called
me yesterday & said she had sent out the check a long time ago. When I said
she couldn't possibly have a canceled check, since I had never received one
she said she would verify this, and then said it was still outstanding,
i.e., uncashed. Obviously, since I never received it at either my old or
current addresses.

I told her to put a stop on the check, and I would pick it up at the
dealership Monday or Tuesday next week. So it looks like it's finally going
to work out, two years after I started leaving voice mails requesting a
refund.

Anyway, I'll only be sure when I actually get it.

Gerard

om...

Old October 31st 04, 12:56 AM
George Grapman

Gerard Gold wrote:
> Paul Aruba's (the sales manager at Smythe) assistant - Dee Griffin - called
> me yesterday & said she had sent out the check a long time ago. When I said
> she couldn't possibly have a canceled check, since I had never received one
> she said she would verify this, and then said it was still outstanding,
> i.e., uncashed. Obviously, since I never received it at either my old or
> current addresses.
>
> I told her to put a stop on the check, and I would pick it up at the
> dealership Monday or Tuesday next week. So it looks like it's finally going
> to work out, two years after I started leaving voice mails requesting a
> refund.
>
> Anyway, I'll only be sure when I actually get it.

Do you see a little problem in the fact that you allowed it to drag
on for two years.

--
To reply via e-mail please delete 1 c from paccbell