The Last Really Good Chrysler Product

Old October 24th 04, 03:51 PM
Bill Putney

James C. Reeves wrote:

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...
> |
> | Oh yes - I know, Art, how in a parallel universe in which the PoTUS was
> | Gore or Kerry for the last 4 years the Islamists are all just peace and
> | love, 9/11 never happened, flu shots are abounding, women still can't
> | vote in Afghanistan, Afghanistan no longer produces poppies as the raw
> | materials for it's biggest export, Kofi Anan's son stopped making
> | under-the-table deals with France and Germany in the Oil for Food
> | program which was their motivation for blocking the taking out of Sadam,
> | Sadam quit offering and paying suicide bomber/murderers' families for
> | their loving acts against innocents, the DNC recalled it's policy of
> | routing out voter fraud wherever they could find it and, where it didn't
> | exist, to plant the idea that it did anyway in the minds of the public,
> | everyone is covered by free cradle-to-grave health insurance while taxes
> | have dropped to their lowest levels ever and the national debt has been
> | wiped out, industry is being punished by disincentives to keep
> | production in the U.S. yet they are magically doubling the size of all
> | their U.S. production facilities every year, genocide was prevented by
> | the UN in Sudan, U.S. unemployment figures match the double-digit
> | numbers of France and Germany, and Al Franken and James Carville both
> | have viable radio talk shows.
> |
> | I just can't wait for the Kerry Utopian society in which we need to pass
> | the Global Approval Test before we take appropriate action in light of
> | the Oil for Food stuff and absolute appalling UN inaction in Sudan (I
> | guess they're waiting once again for the U.S. to go in and try to fix it
> | so we get the blame for any and all problems and the other countries can
> | continue to profit from the situation). Yes - we want a guy as
> | President who met with the Viet Cong in Paris while the war was still
> | going on - Yeah - that's my man for President! What a joke.
> |
> | Bill Putney
> | (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> | adddress with the letter 'x')
> |

> Well stated...

Thanks, James.

I forgot to mention that in Art's parallel universe, Christopher Reeve
is still dead (in spite of the ignorance and dishonesty of Ron Regan,
Jr. and Reeve's widow's in the disinformation campaign on the subject
and the Dem's employment of them as useful idiots - sorry - there's no
other term for what they are doing), and Libya still maintains an
arsenal of WMD's.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old October 24th 04, 07:21 PM
James C. Reeves

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...
| James C. Reeves wrote:
|
| > "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
| > |
| > | Oh yes - I know, Art, how in a parallel universe in which the PoTUS was
| > | Gore or Kerry for the last 4 years the Islamists are all just peace and
| > | love, 9/11 never happened, flu shots are abounding, women still can't
| > | vote in Afghanistan, Afghanistan no longer produces poppies as the raw
| > | materials for it's biggest export, Kofi Anan's son stopped making
| > | under-the-table deals with France and Germany in the Oil for Food
| > | program which was their motivation for blocking the taking out of Sadam,
| > | Sadam quit offering and paying suicide bomber/murderers' families for
| > | their loving acts against innocents, the DNC recalled it's policy of
| > | routing out voter fraud wherever they could find it and, where it didn't
| > | exist, to plant the idea that it did anyway in the minds of the public,
| > | everyone is covered by free cradle-to-grave health insurance while taxes
| > | have dropped to their lowest levels ever and the national debt has been
| > | wiped out, industry is being punished by disincentives to keep
| > | production in the U.S. yet they are magically doubling the size of all
| > | their U.S. production facilities every year, genocide was prevented by
| > | the UN in Sudan, U.S. unemployment figures match the double-digit
| > | numbers of France and Germany, and Al Franken and James Carville both
| > | have viable radio talk shows.
| > |
| > | I just can't wait for the Kerry Utopian society in which we need to pass
| > | the Global Approval Test before we take appropriate action in light of
| > | the Oil for Food stuff and absolute appalling UN inaction in Sudan (I
| > | guess they're waiting once again for the U.S. to go in and try to fix it
| > | so we get the blame for any and all problems and the other countries can
| > | continue to profit from the situation). Yes - we want a guy as
| > | President who met with the Viet Cong in Paris while the war was still
| > | going on - Yeah - that's my man for President! What a joke.
| > |
| > | Bill Putney
| > | (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
| > | adddress with the letter 'x')
| > |

| > Well stated...
|
| Thanks, James.
|
| I forgot to mention that in Art's parallel universe, Christopher Reeve
| is still dead (in spite of the ignorance and dishonesty of Ron Regan,
| Jr. and Reeve's widow's in the disinformation campaign on the subject
| and the Dem's employment of them as useful idiots - sorry - there's no
| other term for what they are doing), and Libya still maintains an
| arsenal of WMD's.
|
| Bill Putney
| (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
| adddress with the letter 'x')

I thought Christopher Reeve was walking in his universe.

Old October 24th 04, 07:21 PM
James C. Reeves

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...
| James C. Reeves wrote:
|
| > "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
| > |
| > | Oh yes - I know, Art, how in a parallel universe in which the PoTUS was
| > | Gore or Kerry for the last 4 years the Islamists are all just peace and
| > | love, 9/11 never happened, flu shots are abounding, women still can't
| > | vote in Afghanistan, Afghanistan no longer produces poppies as the raw
| > | materials for it's biggest export, Kofi Anan's son stopped making
| > | under-the-table deals with France and Germany in the Oil for Food
| > | program which was their motivation for blocking the taking out of Sadam,
| > | Sadam quit offering and paying suicide bomber/murderers' families for
| > | their loving acts against innocents, the DNC recalled it's policy of
| > | routing out voter fraud wherever they could find it and, where it didn't
| > | exist, to plant the idea that it did anyway in the minds of the public,
| > | everyone is covered by free cradle-to-grave health insurance while taxes
| > | have dropped to their lowest levels ever and the national debt has been
| > | wiped out, industry is being punished by disincentives to keep
| > | production in the U.S. yet they are magically doubling the size of all
| > | their U.S. production facilities every year, genocide was prevented by
| > | the UN in Sudan, U.S. unemployment figures match the double-digit
| > | numbers of France and Germany, and Al Franken and James Carville both
| > | have viable radio talk shows.
| > |
| > | I just can't wait for the Kerry Utopian society in which we need to pass
| > | the Global Approval Test before we take appropriate action in light of
| > | the Oil for Food stuff and absolute appalling UN inaction in Sudan (I
| > | guess they're waiting once again for the U.S. to go in and try to fix it
| > | so we get the blame for any and all problems and the other countries can
| > | continue to profit from the situation). Yes - we want a guy as
| > | President who met with the Viet Cong in Paris while the war was still
| > | going on - Yeah - that's my man for President! What a joke.
| > |
| > | Bill Putney
| > | (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
| > | adddress with the letter 'x')
| > |

Old October 24th 04, 09:48 PM
Bill Putney

James C. Reeves wrote:
> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...

> | I forgot to mention that in Art's parallel universe, Christopher Reeve
> | is still dead (in spite of the ignorance and dishonesty of Ron Regan,
> | Jr. and Reeve's widow's in the disinformation campaign on the subject
> | and the Dem's employment of them as useful idiots - sorry - there's no
> | other term for what they are doing), and Libya still maintains an
> | arsenal of WMD's.
> |
> | Bill Putney
> | (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> | adddress with the letter 'x')
> |

> I thought Christopher Reeve was walking in his universe.

Nope - because there would be no solution from embryonic stem cell
research - Reeve himself acknowledged that. People are free to do
research with it if they wish to - it isn't forbidden like the Dems are
trying to make it sound. If the Dems are really convinced that there
would be benefit in the research and are genuinely concerned with
helping people (yeah, right!), looks like Soros and Heinz-Kerry could
pool a small fraction of their money for that (even though it would be a
big waste of money over what is being accomplished from adult stem cell
research). But, as we all know, the important thing isn't that people
are genuinely helped. What's important is that people are used and
confused.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old October 24th 04, 09:48 PM
Bill Putney

Old October 25th 04, 04:09 AM
Ted Azito

> According to the road test (and the abovementioned former owner), the
> trucks took about 35 minutes to go from 0 to 60, once you got them
> started, which took considerable patience. Exhaust smoke was heavy.
> Horsepower was something ridiculous for a D100 -- I'd have to re-read the
> road test, but it was something like 72BHP; totally inadequate.
>
> > They are not high horsepower and naturally aspirated ones will smoke
> > a little sometimes. Power to weight isn't superb, but we weren't
> > talking about flying one anyway.

> Who the hell cares if you could get 22 mpg on the highway if you were
> doing it at 22 mph trying to lug a week's worth of groceries up a 1%
> grade?

The turbo engines are a lot more suited to vehicle use than the
naturally aspirated ones: they were idiots to use the NA version if
that's what they did. And in any event, the /6 in full size pickups
was an obstruction to traffic too, especially the three on the tree
ones. The SD33 or any other 3.3 liter (200 cid) engine was a smaller
engine than a fullsize truck should have if it is going to be used on
the highway at all. (Keep in mind a lot of pickups and vans in the old
days were sold to fleet buyers who never got out of town or up to
highway speeds and if it was faster than a horse they were happy.
People started buying pickups more for personal vehicles in the late
70s, but there was still a market segment totally unconcerned with
speed.)
Old October 25th 04, 04:09 AM
Ted Azito

Old October 25th 04, 06:07 PM
Steve

Art wrote:
> Yeah like Bush solved any problems in the last 3.5 years. Give us all a
> break. The guy is one catastrophe after another.

Just wait. If Kerry gets elected and follows through on his promise to
raise taxes on business owners, just WATCH how fast the economy hits the
tanks. The miniscule reduction in the deficit (independent studies say
Kerry's plan will hit a 1.27 T, Bush's 1.33T- a vanishingly small
difference) will be nothing compared to the lost jobs and loss of
revenue stream flowing through the economy.