1991 CRX Thermostat location?

Old September 30th 04, 05:52 PM
MRKRL

Default 1991 CRX Thermostat location?

I've got a 91 CRX DX, with the cool fall weather lately the temp needle goes
almost to red while driving at high speeds, it's fine in stop & go driving or
if it's warm weather.

I'm guessing it's the thermostat, where exactly is it in the engine? Can a guy
who's clueless when it comes to car repairs replace it w/o too much trouble?

Thanks
Old September 30th 04, 08:28 PM
Mark

MRKRL wrote:
> I've got a 91 CRX DX, with the cool fall weather lately the temp needle goes
> almost to red while driving at high speeds, it's fine in stop & go driving or
> if it's warm weather.
>
> I'm guessing it's the thermostat, where exactly is it in the engine? Can a guy
> who's clueless when it comes to car repairs replace it w/o too much trouble?
>
> Thanks

I can't remember exactly, but it may be at the end of the lower radiator
hose oposite the radiator. You'll want a new gasket for the thermostat
too. I think its kind of cramped in there so I took off some other
parts, maybe the air intake tube.

Old October 1st 04, 12:26 AM
Bill

>MRKRL wrote:
>> I've got a 91 CRX DX, with the cool fall weather lately the temp needle goes
>> almost to red while driving at high speeds, it's fine in stop & go driving or
>> if it's warm weather.
>>
>> I'm guessing it's the thermostat, where exactly is it in the engine?

Can a guy
>> who's clueless when it comes to car repairs replace it w/o too much trouble?
>>
>> Thanks

this image may be adequate-

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...5=WATER +PUMP