Bought a Bus or here we go again

Old December 4th 04, 09:26 AM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Default Bought a Bus or here we go again

Braukuche wrote:
> I didn't think I would ever go it, but I ended up with another Bus, a splittie
> Bus at that. I was thinking about trading up to a early Porsche 912, but my
> wife and son really dig Busses and neither was too happy when I sold my '68
> Westy last year, so that and a latent desire for a split window led me to trade
> my '66 Bug 'vert for a '65 standard with walk through front seats and, get
> this, a rare factory installed sunroof, like the ones in 21 and 23 window
> deluxes. The Bus is of course missing the rear seats and has no interior, but
> is very solid with no real rust issues. Couldn't pass up that big sunroof, so
> once I finish with my '73 Ghia 'vert project I will have something else to
> obsess with.
> --Dan E

Dan, judging by how pretty your other cars are, I'm sure this bus will
be a beauty when you are done. Have fun!

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old December 4th 04, 11:47 AM
Charles Fregeau

et> wrote in message
> Braukuche wrote:
>> I didn't think I would ever go it, but I ended up with another Bus, a
>> splittie
>> Bus at that. I was thinking about trading up to a early Porsche 912, but
>> my
>> wife and son really dig Busses and neither was too happy when I sold my
>> '68
>> Westy last year, so that and a latent desire for a split window led me to
>> trade
>> my '66 Bug 'vert for a '65 standard with walk through front seats and,
>> get
>> this, a rare factory installed sunroof, like the ones in 21 and 23 window
>> deluxes. The Bus is of course missing the rear seats and has no interior,
>> but
>> is very solid with no real rust issues. Couldn't pass up that big
>> sunroof, so
>> once I finish with my '73 Ghia 'vert project I will have something else
>> obsess with.
>> --Dan E

> Dan, judging by how pretty your other cars are, I'm sure this bus will be
> a beauty when you are done. Have fun!
>
> --
> Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
> 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
> 84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
> KG6RCR

Mike,

I just noticed the KG6RGR in your tag line.

73.

Charles of Kankakee
N5HSR/9

Old December 4th 04, 05:23 PM
Kaferdave

Dan, did you by any chance buy/trade it to a guy named Barry? About 175 pounds
and 6'5" or-6'-6" inches tall?