ABS Light came on

Old December 29th 04, 03:40 AM
xxxxxxxx

Default ABS Light came on

Tonight my ABS light came on. It's a 2002 Explorer 2wd with about 52,000 miles
on it. Any ideas what may be the problem? The brakes seem to be working normal.
Old December 29th 04, 04:27 AM
Searcher

possibly your ABS sensor, I had a problem with mine where the wire broke in
the wheel well.

Searcher1

Old December 31st 04, 03:19 AM
C. E. White

Before you panic, check the brake fluid level in the reservoir. Next try
washing out the area of the front wheel hubs with a high pressure washer.
Then check the rear sensor (in the rear axle). Diconnect it and check for
continuity.

Regards,

Ed White

Old December 31st 04, 09:12 AM
Jim Warman

Which sensor is the ABS sensor?? Sounds like you had a problem with a wheel
speed sensor..... These systems aren't as simple as you thimk they are. If
they were, I'd be out of a job....

Not you in particular, but it amuses me to look at an electronics 'experts'
VCR and see that it is always "12 o'clock - 12 o'clock - 12 o'cloc..."