1996 Neon Blower Motor

Old July 19th 04, 06:23 PM
wj96

Default 1996 Neon Blower Motor

My blower motor in my neon has apprently broken, so the people at Car ex
say. The guy told me that all I would have to do is buy the part and
unscrew the motor casing that is below the dashboard on the passanger
side. I did all that but, the old motors blade is so big that it provents
the old blower motor from coming out that way since I have to angle it out
because the wheel well is right there. So I was tring to find a way to go
from the top down. Basicaly take the dash apart. does any one know how to
put a blower motor in or take a dash apart.
I could really use the help.
Thanks
-wes-

Old July 20th 04, 05:17 PM
GUNBUNNY31

"wj96" > wrote in message alkaboutautos.com>...
> My blower motor in my neon has apprently broken, so the people at Car ex
> say. The guy told me that all I would have to do is buy the part and
> unscrew the motor casing that is below the dashboard on the passanger
> side. I did all that but, the old motors blade is so big that it provents
> the old blower motor from coming out that way since I have to angle it out
> because the wheel well is right there. So I was tring to find a way to go
> from the top down. Basicaly take the dash apart. does any one know how to
> put a blower motor in or take a dash apart.
> I could really use the help.
> Thanks
> -wes-

OK, try this first.
Does your motor work at all? Like on high only.
try to "jump" the motor with a wire from the battery. If it works then
the resistor is shot. (this is the most common problem) If that the
case go to dealer get a resistor, replace and life is sunshine again
Old July 20th 04, 05:17 PM
GUNBUNNY31

1992 E36 325i blower motor Keith BMW 1 December 8th 04 03:51 PM
Climatronic Diagnostic Controls Luís Lourenço Audi 1 November 12th 04 08:22 AM
Rebuild Audi Blower motor? Kevin Audi 2 August 10th 04 11:34 PM
1996 Neon stalling kangel55 Dodge 14 July 19th 04 06:11 PM