'74 super convertible battery

Old November 28th 04, 12:52 AM
Bob

Default '74 super convertible battery

What size battery should I buy for my 1974 Super Bettle convertible?
The one presently installed is too tall to install the back seat. Does
the original have side terminals?

Thanks.
Old November 28th 04, 01:22 AM
Ben Boyle

They all have top terminals. I have a '74 Super and I simply went to Wal-Mart (or any other store of your choice) and
looked up a '74 Volkswagen Beetle in their book and bought that battery. Often they will come with plastic doo hickies
that go over the terminals.

Old November 28th 04, 01:42 AM
Marco

It needs a group size 42 battery. I am trying to buy one for my bug,
too. However, I am not pleased witht he low RC that most batteries
offer. Someone suggested a group size 34 and supposedly this guy has
it in his bug, but looking at the dimensions, I am not sure how he got
it in. Posted a follow up message but have not received an answer.

Marco
Old November 28th 04, 07:02 PM
Bob

Thanks.

It seems Costco ("Kirkland Signature") doesn't sell a 42. I'll go to
Walmart.
Old November 28th 04, 09:53 PM
Charles Fregeau

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Thanks.
>
> It seems Costco ("Kirkland Signature") doesn't sell a 42. I'll go to
> Walmart.

They have changed battery sizes around in the last few years. My Corolla
used to take a 22F, they don't make any such thing anymore. They tried to
sell me a 75 but the terminals are in the wrong spot.

Charles of Kankakee

Old November 29th 04, 03:09 AM
Marco

Hi Bob,

it's the same manufacturer anyway. There are many different brands out
there, but most of them are made by one of the three big
manufacturers.