TrackIR

Old March 2nd 05, 03:59 AM
pw

Hi Mitch,

>They may not be able to turn their head MUCH but remember they still have
>peripheral vision, which we dont have and the TIR makes up for.
>
>This peripheral takes some getting used to but it really adds to the realism
>and gets a thumbs up by me even for racing Sims.
>
>Mitch

I am loving it. I just ordered NSR because it works with the Vector
Expansion. Hope the game runs on my PC! Can't wait!

Thanks,

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

Old March 2nd 05, 03:59 AM
pw

>In article >,
>pw says...
>
>> Wouldn't TrackIR be fun with action games such as Battlefield 1942,
>> Half-life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, etc?.... Probably games I don't
>> play like the Tom Clancy games?

>No, it'd make aiming almost impossible. It's only good for games
>where it helps to change your view to get a better perception of
>your surroundings. Flight and race sims being the two main ones.
>
>Cheers,
>Rod.

Good point!

Old March 2nd 05, 06:34 AM
Don Burnette

pw wrote:
> Hi Mitch,
>

>> They may not be able to turn their head MUCH but remember they still
>> have peripheral vision, which we dont have and the TIR makes up for.
>>
>> This peripheral takes some getting used to but it really adds to the
>> realism and gets a thumbs up by me even for racing Sims.
>>
>> Mitch

> I am loving it. I just ordered NSR because it works with the Vector
> Expansion. Hope the game runs on my PC! Can't wait!
>
> Thanks,
>

> -pw
> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Damn, now I am going to have to order the Vector to add to my TIR3 Pro...

And, get NSR... btw, what the hell is NSR??

Yeah, I been flight simmin a while.

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

Old March 2nd 05, 06:37 AM
RodP

In article >,
pw says...

> I am loving it. I just ordered NSR because it works with the Vector
> Expansion. Hope the game runs on my PC! Can't wait!

You'll have to tell us whether you can stick your head out of the
window. :P

I'm contemplating the vector expansion but it isn't supported in the
game I use it with most, IL2. Would be handy too, especially in
cockpits that have a lot of obstructions and it's hiding the location
of your target!

Cheers,
Rod.
Old March 2nd 05, 01:06 PM
Bill Worrel

Hi Don,

NSR is NASCAR SimRacing, the latest NASCAR game from EA. You can get a demo
of it at 3dgamers:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/nascarsimracing/

It was developed by Tiburon using the ISI engine. Also, there were several
people from Papyrus and also from ISI involved in the development.

It's getting mixed reviews and there are a lot of us hoping for a patch
which apparently is being promised and currently worked on.

There's another sim that getting pretty universal praise that's coming out
soon - GTR. It also supports TrackIR and the international release on March
11 is supposed to include the vector expansion.

It looks like the "international" release is not going to include the US, so
we'll probably have to get it thru an import.

More info he
http://www.gtr-game.com

Demo he
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/gtr/

Bill

Old March 2nd 05, 04:50 PM
Mitch_A

Dave Henrie wrote:

> It's a little device that sits on your monitor and beams 3d images of
> naked chicks into your head....naw...really look at this..google is your
> friend.
>
> http://www.tech-pc.co.uk/trackir-1.php
>
> dave henrie

I like your idea even better Dave

--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 2nd 05, 10:45 PM
Whoo

Larry wrote:
> What is TrackIR ?
>
> -Larry

what is Larry?
Old March 3rd 05, 02:38 AM
Don Burnette

Thanks Bill.

Due to my love for flight simming right now, particularly helo and WWII, I
have not done any racing sims in quite a while. Now that the new season is
here , may have to at least get some offline racing time going again soon.

Old March 3rd 05, 03:12 AM
pw

>In article >,
>pw says...
>
>> I am loving it. I just ordered NSR because it works with the Vector
>> Expansion. Hope the game runs on my PC! Can't wait!

>You'll have to tell us whether you can stick your head out of the
>window. :P
>
>I'm contemplating the vector expansion but it isn't supported in the
>game I use it with most, IL2. Would be handy too, especially in
>cockpits that have a lot of obstructions and it's hiding the location
>of your target!
>
>Cheers,
>Rod.

Sure would! I haven't tried it yet with IL-2 or Pacific Fighters,
only MSFS2004 and it's pretty neat.

Old March 3rd 05, 03:56 AM
Don Burnette

pw wrote:
>> In article >,
>> pw says...
>>
>>> I am loving it. I just ordered NSR because it works with the Vector
>>> Expansion. Hope the game runs on my PC! Can't wait!

>> You'll have to tell us whether you can stick your head out of the
>> window. :P
>>
>> I'm contemplating the vector expansion but it isn't supported in the
>> game I use it with most, IL2. Would be handy too, especially in
>> cockpits that have a lot of obstructions and it's hiding the location
>> of your target!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rod.

> Sure would! I haven't tried it yet with IL-2 or Pacific Fighters,
> only MSFS2004 and it's pretty neat.
>

> -pw
> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

It really added immersion and enhanced my IL2/ Pacific Figthers experience.
No way could I fly without it now. Only reason I have not added the Vector
yet is because PF will not have support for it, however i did just purchase
MSFS 2004, and with BOB on the horizon, I will be ordering the Vector
expansion very soon.